Gear Knob Assembly

Hi everyone,

This might be the most outlandish thing you hear today. I drove my 197 last week and while shifting the gear knob fell! I was shocked!

After checking it appeared that the plastic collar that is attached to the stick was melted (I live in Qatar - close to 45c degrees in summer) also did the plastic interior of the gear knob .And apparently the spring inside the shift knob went missing.

I called the dealer but they refused to order the missing parts (don't ask! devastating service).

Can anyone please help in finding ways to order the missing parts? (plastic collar, spring and a gear knob). I have a UK address that can forward the package to Qatar.

Thanks!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi everyone,

This might be the most outlandish thing you hear today. I drove my 197 last week and while shifting the gear knob fell! I was shocked!

After checking it appeared that the plastic collar that is attached to the stick was melted (I live in Qatar - close to 45c degrees in summer) also did the plastic interior of the gear knob .And apparently the spring inside the shift knob went missing.

I called the dealer but they refused to order the missing parts (don't ask! devastating service).

Can anyone please help in finding ways to order the missing parts? (plastic collar, spring and a gear knob). I have a UK address that can forward the package to Qatar.

Thanks!

Contact Paul Temperton at RPD (Renault parts direct).

Site sponsor here (Listed in that section), spare parts genius and all round nice guy.

If he can't help you - no-one can !!

Good luck.

***Just seen its your first post:

WELCOME to the forum :smile:

Thank you so much! I've been here since 2014 when I bought my 197. Terrific little car. I'm used to GT-Rs and Porsche so this was a good toy, until of course this happened! lol.

I just sent Paul an email.

Thanks again!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thank you so much! I've been here since 2014 when I bought my 197. Terrific little car. I'm used to GT-Rs and Porsche so this was a good toy, until of course this happened! lol.

I just sent Paul an email.

Thanks again!

Pleasure.

If he can't / Renault don't sell the collar and spring individually.....you'll have to find one being broken for spares.

But thinking back: I'm sure someone else here took the knob off to fit a different one: lost the spring and managed to order another.

Fingers crossed !