Geo settings

Recently purchased my first 197 and it is going to be used mainly for track.
Currently fitting some Grams lowering springs and i am very interested to know what geo settings people are using and difference it has made?

I do not currently have adjustable top mounts on the front so i am limited to just Toe adjustment.

All geo set up will be done by myself using the old fashioned tried and tested string line method, so ideally measurements in mm rather than degree's please.

Reactions: A1axx
Recently purchased my first 197 and it is going to be used mainly for track.
Currently fitting some Grams lowering springs and i am very interested to know what geo settings people are using and difference it has made?

I do not currently have adjustable top mounts on the front so i am limited to just Toe adjustment.

All geo set up will be done by myself using the old fashioned tried and tested string line method, so ideally measurements in mm rather than degree's please.

Old fashioned string and axle stands? I think you mean best method :wink:

Front I have +1.5mm per wheel
Rear +2.6mm per wheel

Rear -2 camber, not sure what your standard front top mounts give mate.

I have had upto +4mm on the rear. Helps to get the back end moving for more turn in.

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

The method i always use :wink:

So you have a fair amount of toe in at the front and rear?

I am only used to setting up mid engined rear wheel drive cars which are obviously totally different as the more parallel the rear toe the more movement you get. More toe in makes them more stable, but can get snappy when on the limit.

Will have to check the fronts once it's all back together.

Is there a general rule for front and rear camber? ie more on the front than back?

The method i always use :wink:

So you have a fair amount of toe in at the front and rear?

I am only used to setting up mid engined rear wheel drive cars which are obviously totally different as the more parallel the rear toe the more movement you get. More toe in makes them more stable, but can get snappy when on the limit.

Will have to check the fronts once it's all back together.

Is there a general rule for front and rear camber? ie more on the front than back?

Sorry I mean + as in mm of toe out

Usually about .5 to 1 degree more neg on the front. Then if you have some wear problems on the outsides of the tyres I keep adding to that. Next time I should have -3.5 front and -2 rear

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Reactions: tombate911