Good Day Today!

First thing was my R27 passed its MOT with no advisories, just turned 16k and only 325 miles done in a year. Happy at that as I always get slightly nervous going for a MOT even though I look after my cars myself. Secondly my R1 went it for a custom map today, I wasn't chasing big figures but did want the throttle response ironed out. 163 bhp at the rear wheel and pulls smoothly like a train!

Very happy indeed.

Nice Colin. You still owe everyone some more pics of “Nessie” this summer:sunglasses:
As for the R1... I know nowt about them but that does sound powerful!

Nice Colin. You still owe everyone some more pics of “Nessie” this summer:sunglasses:
As for the R1... I know nowt about them but that does sound powerful!
The cross plane 'Big Bang' R1's are not renowned for their top end power more for the low down grunt. A claimed 180 bhp from the flywheel from new so more than happy with 163 bhp from the rear wheel on a 200 kg bike! Akrapovic cans and decat pipe with original headers, K&N filter and custom map with a Power Commander 5. The throttle has been smoothed out and the power is deceivingly quick. Not even trying I was doing 87mph in second gear thinking I was doing 50! Obviously on track :thumb:

Reactions: Micah and Big Ben
The R1 is a challenging but rewarding bike, has loads of character and great soundtrack. Heavy and highly strung around town but once it gets going what a machine. I loved my GSXR 600, how nibble it was and the screaming high revving engine but once you try a litre bike you just can't beat that rush. Everything happens that much quicker and 3 figure speeds are on you in seconds. I haven't ridden a 2015 onwards R1 but what I've heard they are immense and more agile.

Reactions: jamesgw200