Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

Traxxas T-Maxx :smile: I've had it for 11 years and it hasn't been started in 6. Pulled it out, cleaned it and it started first time. Goes like stink still, but can't match the newer stuff that does 70+ mph :tongueout:

looks great..always nice to spend some quality time with your car..like the T-maxx..have a e-revo and slash 4x4 myself so know how great these are..

Great work as always Greg.

'Stone chips yourself'.......look forward to your usual write-ups on those.

Might follow suit if your being 'guinea pig' :smile:

looks great..always nice to spend some quality time with your car..like the T-maxx..have a e-revo and slash 4x4 myself so know how great these are..

I think my next one will be a Revo but in no rush to spend £££'s. £15 for fuel and £5 for a glow plug is fine for me for a few months :tongueout:

Great work as always Greg.

'Stone chips yourself'.......look forward to your usual write-ups on those.

Might follow suit if your being 'guinea pig' :smile:

Already did a tester today. It was so nice I didn't really have to wait for the paint to dry. 10-15 minutes and they were dry in the sun.

Hole punched 1500 grit sandpaper, rubber end of a pencil, little bit of hot glue and you have a diy mini sander. You don't have to use sandpaper to sort stone chips, but I find that it cleans out the chip and also allows for the paint to adhere better. Place sandpaper end of the pencil (duh :tongueout:) on the chip and spin it for 10-15 seconds. Fill the chip with the paint, so it leaves a bump of paint. Let it try and then resand it so its level. Go over it with heavy cutting compound and then finishing compound and you can only see where it was if you look really hard. On some chips, you'll have to sand, fill, let it dry and then sand, fill and so on so it's level after you sand it.

Worked well for me, if it's sunny tomorrow I will try and get a picture of one I did today.

I think my next one will be a Revo but in no rush to spend £££'s. £15 for fuel and £5 for a glow plug is fine for me for a few months :tongueout:

Already did a tester today. It was so nice I didn't really have to wait for the paint to dry. 10-15 minutes and they were dry in the sun.

Hole punched 1500 grit sandpaper, rubber end of a pencil, little bit of hot glue and you have a diy mini sander. You don't have to use sandpaper to sort stone chips, but I find that it cleans out the chip and also allows for the paint to adhere better. Place sandpaper end of the pencil (duh :tongueout:) on the chip and spin it for 10-15 seconds. Fill the chip with the paint, so it leaves a bump of paint. Let it try and then resand it so its level. Go over it with heavy cutting compound and then finishing compound and you can only see where it was if you look really hard. On some chips, you'll have to sand, fill, let it dry and then sand, fill and so on so it's level after you sand it.

Worked well for me, if it's sunny tomorrow I will try and get a picture of one I did today.

Sounds like your 'on it' Greg.

And yes: I'd love to see a piccie. Or 3 :smile:

Spent the morning polishing the rear and sides. No point doing the front as it's peppered in stone chips. Still on the lookout for a new bumper!

I used a DAS6 polisher with orange and white Chemical Guys Hex-Logic pads and Menzerna 400 heavy cut on the orange pad initially and then Menzerna 3800 finishing polish on the white pad. Finished off with two coats of Soft99 Fusso. One thing I learned is that Renault paint is rock hard.

33490237090_00ca089b27_o.pngDSC_0192 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33745539891_f8ecd16d1b_o.pngDSC_0210 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33031077184_3e0dbcf93a_o.pngDSC_0202 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33490235670_d933fa9dc1_o.pngDSC_0195 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33061367133_a4a9640e53_o.pngDSC_0029 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33490240430_0a18a1798a_o.pngDSC_0045 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33061362133_a6863867d5_o.pngDSC_0070 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

33061368453_1166036f28_o.pngDSC_0011 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bloody hell Greg, that's looking absolutely spectacular mate! Excellent work. Ours SO needs a detail!

I'm actually now jealous knowing you had a morning of Clio-loving and i most certainly didn't !

Fabulous job and the results speak for themselves Greg. Looks fantastic. You pleased with it ?

The guy who machined mine maybe 10 months ago backs up your story of rock-hard paint. He literally said he could remember no car with harder paint and thought it had some sort of recent application of ceramic-type protection on it.

You doing the rest at a later date i presume when time allows ?

I'm actually now jealous knowing you had a morning of Clio-loving and i most certainly didn't !

Fabulous job and the results speak for themselves Greg. Looks fantastic. You pleased with it ?

The guy who machined mine maybe 10 months ago backs up your story of rock-hard paint. He literally said he could remember no car with harder paint and thought it had some sort of recent application of ceramic-type protection on it.

You doing the rest at a later date i presume when time allows ?

I would have done the rear yesterday and a side today but the polisher packed in yesterday after a panel so I had to go and get some bits to fix it.

Very pleased with it. The rear did require a bit of wet sanding on some scratches, and I managed to get rid of the dull spot where the Clio badge was.

I will do the drivers rear quarter and door this Sunday.

ARGGGHHHH. All that work for some ******* ****** to clip the car in a car park.... Not too much damage but has gone through to the metal on the drivers rear quarter. Touch up won't fix this. Looks like I will be getting a quote to get it smart repaired on Monday.

Must have been done by a tall vehicle as it's quite high. It's only a small section on the edge above the wheel arch (where it goes from straight to angled up the quarter), probably half an inch wide by 5 inches long. Anyone had any work done like this and how much would I be looking at?

ARGGGHHHH. All that work for some ******* ****** to clip the car in a car park.... Not too much damage but has gone through to the metal on the drivers rear quarter. Touch up won't fix this. Looks like I will be getting a quote to get it smart repaired on Monday.

Must have been done by a tall vehicle as it's quite high. It's only a small section on the edge above the wheel arch (where it goes from straight to angled up the quarter), probably half an inch wide by 5 inches long. Anyone had any work done like this and how much would I be looking at?

Oh your kidding. What a bind Greg.....

Presuming you found it like this and didnt catch the culprit in the act ?

Yeah, after giving the car a quick wipe down tonight. Didn't really pay attention to who was parked next to me.

I just hope whoever I use does a perfect job as it'll keep going back till it's up to my standard.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Yeah, after giving the car a quick wipe down tonight. Didn't really pay attention to who was parked next to me.

I just hope whoever I use does a perfect job as it'll keep going back till it's up to my standard.

Thats what i like to hear !

If using a mobile service - just get yours parked in such a way that you have to move before they can get out. You can then leave them to it until your happy and ready to shift yours :smile:

Reactions: Greg0986
I was thinking ChipsAway, as I've heard good things about them, but then I have heard bad things. As they are franchised. it depends who you get I guess.

A small tip for people who need to touch up their red brake calipers. "Fiat 199 A Rosso Tiziano red" is as close a match as I could find.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a single drivers mat from? The other 3 are in perfect condition but the drivers side is worn through and I am too tight to pay ~£40 for a single mat with 3 spare...