Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

In other news, top mounts have arrived from RPD, so will get the car into the garage to get those fitted. That should stop the knocking that Aaron's Autos found (I can't hear it but I don't know what I am hearing for)

Payday on Friday so I'll be ordering the Toyosport Manifold then. Might get the top mounts and manifold fitted all at the same time to save on labour.

Still need a drivers mat, but I can't find single mats anywhere!

Reactions: Pav
Defo much easier to fit the manifold when doing the top mounts as you can drop the struts and subframe all in one unit. That's how I took mine apart last time to replace various parts as one of the ball joints was stuck, much easier to split when it was on the floor as unit and not on the car.

Reactions: Greg0986
From bad to ******* worse...

Car pulled out of our patient car park and didn't look up the road. Queue her hitting my car and taking paint off the rear bumper :worried:

From bad to ******* worse...

Car pulled out of our patient car park and didn't look up the road. Queue her hitting my car and taking paint off the rear bumper :worried:

You've got to be kidding me buddy. That is ridiculously unlucky. You must be suicidal !

You sure it wasnt the shine / glare of your rear-end that dazzled her though........ :smile:

I believe I'm the unluckiest person in the world at the moment.

It's only paint that's been taken away but no doubt I'll have to get the whole bumper repainted. 2 dings in a month!

Last edited:
I thought I'd cheer myself up a bit so I bit the bullet and ordered the manifold! Lowering springs are also on the cards... Grams from KamRacing :smiley:

HA HA HA - one way to help you forget the paint-calamity for a moment or two.

What manifold bud ? And what drop are you going for with the springs ?

Good times :smile:

HA HA HA - one way to help you forget the paint-calamity for a moment or two.

What manifold bud ? And what drop are you going for with the springs ?

Good times :smile:

Genuine Toyosport as you recommended :smile: I don't think I could fork out for the Ktec item...

I believe they are 30mm on all corners? Apparently they are good when combined with the cup dampers which are part of the cup pack (someone correct me if I am wrong, are the cup pack dampers the same as the cup car dampers?)

It's either the springs or a new windscreen as I have a stone chip the size of a 5p, right in the middle of the drivers view...

Now I am thinking about springs and things, I am now thinking about suspension refresh. What parts could I replace myself easily? I was thinking the anti rotation links (but I don't know which ones or from where?), but what other parts could be changed?

Last edited:
Now I am thinking about springs and things, I am now thinking about suspension refresh. What parts could I replace myself easily? I was thinking the anti rotation links (but I don't know which ones or from where?), but what other parts could be changed?

You want to try to find Lemforder parts buddy. Made by same company as OEM. But 1/2 the price !

I've got some in my saved paged from @Antti O.

Dont know if they are Drop-links or Anti-rotation links though (Length is listed) ????????

*****He might be worth a pm - as he'll know where to get these parts i reckon. And even with postage they might be cheaper than in the UK.

Good luck.

https://profiteile.de/stange-strebe-stabilisator-25513-02-35?tid=19355