Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

Can't go wrong with Pro Alloy. Talented and awesome folks all round.

Mega upgrades going on here mate! Bodywork... no messing about there!
All for show really.. Will have some form of floor flattening, but im not going crazy.. More just for aesthetics. The rear diffuser is a bit of a beast, the problem is the rear axle splits the flat floor you could have! Foamex is going to be the material of choice, cheap and durable, wont cover the exhaust for cooling purposes

Reactions: ///M
Haha this is supposed to be a simple meg swap, but I always end up actually doing more around the work I set out to do!

it always is an easy meg swap to start with but in the end,it turns into a crazy project itself..yours looks great though..proper work has gone into it..

Reactions: A1axx
I'm like that with EVERY job I start. For anything.

"I'm going to do this as straightforward as possible... won't take too long"

Then it all gets out of hand as I can't resist making improvements!

Worth it in the long run mate!

Reactions: A1axx
Nice job. hope my conversion looks half as good
What air filter are you putting on?

Last edited:
Damn it all these boosted clios! I really want to build an NA Clio but this is quite tempting! What's the average cost for people to swap the engine out?

Damn it all these boosted clios! I really want to build an NA Clio but this is quite tempting! What's the average cost for people to swap the engine out?

Budget about 3-3.5 buying a decent donor, and break it. Maybe cost few hundred on top of that.

So far mines cost about 5/600 after breaking the megane and selling the unwanted Clio bits. 5/600, a few late nights. End up with a better gearbox, no more crunches, and the power the 197 lacks. Should have about 280 bhp.

I've also fitted a pro alloy intercooler and full 3" exhaust included in above & billet smf & r26r clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
Budget about 3-3.5 buying a decent donor, and break it. Maybe cost few hundred on top of that.

So far mines cost about 5/600 after breaking the megane and selling the unwanted Clio bits. 5/600, a few late nights. End up with a better gearbox, no more crunches, and the power the 197 lacks. Should have about 280 bhp.

I've also fitted a pro alloy intercooler and full 3" exhaust included in above & billet smf & r26r clutch

Ok thanks man, is it better to buy a donor car or risk it and buy an engine seperate? I've seen a few guys run the Clio box with the meg engine

Ok thanks man, is it better to buy a donor car or risk it and buy an engine seperate? I've seen a few guys run the Clio box with the meg engine

I'd rather drive it to be sure it's good.

Yea can do that if you want. R26 box is a no brainer