Had a wee drive out

I like your taste in cars Alan! Yeah, MGs are lovely (pre Chinese ownership anyway)! Have great memories of mine. Even my MG Metro, which was my car after having bought my first house in my late 20s. Maybe some say it's not a proper MG but let's be honest, MG always built versions of more mundane cars - Magnette etc. Metro was a hoot. Stuck to the road like bubble gum to a blanket. Don't slow down for corners and let the chassis get you through. In fact, don't slow down for anything once you have built up speed!
There's a guy in Inverness I came across through work who has a couple of TFs. One with the original suspension set up & the other with more conventional suspension. Both lovely cars. I couldn't bring myself to go with the Chinese owned products. Glad you're still under the wife's radar with the TF! Long may that continue.

My older brother had and MG Metro as his first car have fond memories blasting up the Struie with no seatbelts in the back haha. Yeah my sentiments exactly has to be the pre Chinese ones. I dont buy into that not a proper MG if it bares the badge then its an MG (Chinese models exempt tho there badges dont look right at all) Mine has the uprated comfort suspension which really means that it handles the bumps better as the standard TF was very harsh especially compared to the F with the hydrogas suspension. I wonder if he is in the Highland owners club if so there is a good chance ill know him.