Head unit fascia replacement/refurb (2011 Clio 3 200 Cup)

I've tried to ignore this because I don't listen to my radio much (but I do require the Bluetooth phone connection).

My head unit has scratches on its fascia around the on/off/volume button...and at least once a week my OCD kicks in: I'd like it to look OK, not shite as it does now...but I don't want to lose the OEM look.

Is it possible to get a new fascia for the OEM unit? Or are there wrap kits?

I've tried to ignore this because I don't listen to my radio much (but I do require the Bluetooth phone connection).

My head unit has scratches on its fascia around the on/off/volume button...and at least once a week my OCD kicks in: I'd like it to look OK, not shite as it does now...but I don't want to lose the OEM look.

Is it possible to get a new fascia for the OEM unit? Or are there wrap kits?

Yes there are face kits. I've seen it on here before. A set of decals effectively if my memory serves me correctly....

Might have been in someones build thread....so will be almost impossible to find.

But im sure the kit was bought on ebay from memory.

Thanks for the link and suggestions. It's actually the fascia that's scratched; the buttons are fine...so I'll look to see if there's a wrap that is, in effect, the reverse of the buttons.

I have started using hammerite on most refurbs, I used to be a stalwart for primer and top coats but did quite a bit of testing with the hammerite, goes off rock solid. I do a lot of model building so always messing with different sprays/paints...

Reactions: sevenfourate
I have started using hammerite on most refurbs, I used to be a stalwart for primer and top coats but did quite a bit of testing with the hammerite, goes off rock solid. I do a lot of model building so always messing with different sprays/paints...

Great info @6705russell

And does this need as much curing time as using Hammerite like i'm used to perhaps (More commercial type-use....and using a brush !).

But thanks. Sounds great :smile:

^^^ Thankyou.

(I'd ordered some today in readiness anyway).

Was interested in your experiences though. Especially after you saying '......cures rock hard'.

Cant wait now. Cheers. And great job on the radio fascia again.

Remember to key the surface with 1200 wet and dry if spraying plastic or 800 if spraying metal.

Cheers buddy. 800 grit is a worthy tip !

I've done my share of spraying through the years. It the runners and the 'feet' on the runners on my Recaros that have a few small bits of surface rust on.

When i get the seats re-trimmed - i'm going to remove runners / bases.; tape up the sides, sand down the spots, mask-up and spray away :smile:

Mine was scratched also, removed, dismantled and resprayed with Hammerite satin black.

Fantastic! Thank you -- that's exactly what I was thinking but wanted to see if anyone had already done it. Having said that, the head unit disassembly looks slightly terrifying! (Be careful what you ask for, Tim!)