Headunit question

You might find the wiring loom in your car wont work for the bogo head unit, you will need radio #7 or #8 as renault call them.

#7 is radiosat classic: 2ef0p5z.jpg

#8 is radiosat bluetooth: img_0972-4410e9f.jpg

Did you try fitting the latter, if so what went wrong as i managed to fit it into my 197 without too much difficulty?

Yeah the cars got #7 but the buttons have had it beyond repair.

#8 slotted in fine and powered up but nothing would work. No sound no options no on display in centre of the dash.

Hi, #8 will need to be programmed for your VIN I think. There's a function in CLIP to carry it out.

I've already sent #8 back as was told if was a faff to get to work.

Quite like a bogo one as just lot less button to find the volume control.

Whats wrong with using the steering controls for volume?

Personally id stick with your existing head unit or go aftermarket, getting a bogo head unit to work may be more of a faf than fitting the other one as you will need to tap off a switched live and source/replace the CAN connectors to get them to fit.

Were you able to enter the radio code on that other head unit? Like Ben said might needed programing in CLIP.

It's more so for passengers. Don't like the design of this one. Every time someone goes to change the volume they change the station as go for the centre button.

No couldn't enter to radio code on the #8 unit. It lite up and that's all.

Ah, you might have also needed the larger dash display for it to work...

8634395229_c72cfb0cd5.jpg

Radio might have been a bit miffed without it.

The knackered fascia would bother me too. On the parts catalogue it looks like the fascia is available separately from the head unit although no part number seems to come up when you select it in Dialogys. Maybe worth checking with someone like renaultparts to see if it is available.

My issue with the bogo one is my passenger always switches it off instead of ejecting a CD lol.

Reactions: TrackM3
Actually this might be the bluetooth display, the other one was RS monitor maybe...

hqdefault.jpg

Crap picture i know! :oops:

Similar Thread Suggestions