Heater not working on speed 4

Hi,

Got in the car last night and noticed the heater isn't working on speed 4, having searched on here it points to the connector block to the resister melting? Speeds 1-3 work. I have the manual heater controls

I'm not electrically minded so can I just buy a new wiring loom and and replace the old one easily?

Is this the correct resistor and loom?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Re...125541?hash=item27e1fc3025:g:5-UAAOSwJclZoXal

or can I just buy the loom?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Plugs-Wiring-Harness-Repair-Loom-For-Citroen-Peugeot-Renault-Heater-resistor/162646989557?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I dont think I'd want to do any soldering of new wires etc. Or is it possible to just get a new block connector and remove the wires from the old one and push them into a new block?

I've read the guide to remove the glove box so should be able to get to the resistor

Thanks in advance

Had this on my old 1.2, the connector seems to melt around the pin for fan4. Fixed it by just scrubbing the contact a bit but that only lasted a month or two. Never got round to getting a permanent fix before I swapped to my 197.

Let us know if that connector does work, I'm sure a lot of people have the same issue and would like an answer...

Check the pollen filter if it is damp or old/blocked in some way the blower has to work harder with less air flow to cool it same principle as putting you hand over the end of the vacuum cleaner hose you will hear the motor rev up a little more. Even after a year they can look in bad shape.

Changed the pollen filter about a year ago then it was changed again in August in the service but will check again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed the pollen filter about a year ago then it was changed again in August in the service but will check again.

I can pretty much guarantee its a shoddy connection behind the dash as I had the same issue. Had to take the glove box out to get a hand into the wires behind it.

This pretty crap video shows which plug normally has the issue.

Got a new plug off eBay (hope it’s the right one) can I just pull the wires out the old one and push into the new one?