Hello from kangaroo land

ishhyyyy

Paid Member
Hey all,

I just thought that i would introduce myself. I always jump on the site every now and then to just browse around but now thought i'd throw in my intro.

So it all started with my Nimbus 197, my first car and my first RS. Honestly what a car! Sadly it wasn't meant to be as it got written off after having it for 9 months or so.

When i first picked it up -

IMG_2191_zpstottqkcm.jpg

Had some 18x8 rims thrown on and a few little cosmetic mods done -

IMG_3287_zps10bx7paz.jpg

IMG_3284_zps4vm9vsqb.jpg

IMG_3285_zpsjbzctzyv.jpg

And a photo on the night of the accident -

IMG_3871_zpsfhryinj8.jpg

So after this sad story, i was toying with the idea of getting a meg 2. The only thing which was stopping my was the insurance company took their time paying me out so i bought a Monaco Blue Clio 172 instead :smiley:

IMG_4031_zpsfo7vpjfr.jpg

So i did pretty the same thing with my 197, exterior touch ups and threw on some funny looking wheels (they tires on them were pretty much new so i couldn't say no). Painted all the front plastics satin black, wrapped the bonnet and mirrors in gloss black, sanded down the headlights and redid the roof lining.

This car was in my possession for about 7 months or so. I finally sold it to my mates brother and bought my Albi Blue 197.

After giving it a full detail on day 1 -

IMG_4776_zpsrr9qb0xu.jpg

IMG_4786_zpsboig8pkg.jpg

This was the look a few months ago -

IMG_5386_zpsqbpmyfxr.jpg

IMG_5385_zpsmpacrjmi.jpg

IMG_5388_zps4rkss26x.jpg

And how she looks now (no tyre writting and white plasti dip) -

IMG_5795_zps2iipyolz.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the photo spam :laughing:
:spam:

Reactions: LukeW and Timbo
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Nice pics and liking your choice of wheels in both machines. The weather looks pretty miserable where you are :wink:

Welcome to the forum! Nice little collection of Clios you've had there, the wheels look great on the Albi!

first time i like silver ultra's. looks great on albi blue.
last photo ... 200 diffuser looks ace too.

Welcome aboard buddy. Car looks awesome. Weather even more-so !!!

I've replied in the group-buy thread; ref Inlet manifold badges you enquired over.

Enjoy your car. And your stay here :smile:

Thanks for all the comments guys and feedback :smile:

And just regarding the weather, the sun has decided to give us a little show after a few weeks of ugly rain but i'm sure that's nothing new for you guys :wink:

Reactions: Gordini
Can anyone point me to a thread which involves all the parts required to do a meg swap (225/250) and can i be able to pick a set of yellow belts from a meg and put them on the clio? has anyone tried to do it? a lot of people say no over here but i don't think that they have really tried.

Cheers!

Welcome along. I love both sets of aftermarket wheels that you've fitted to the 197s.

Not sure if I heard right that the rear seat belts are a bit of a pig to do?
I shudder at the thought of keeping yellow clean, silver is bad enough!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9