Help needed choosing lowering springs.

I can fully recommend the adjustable B14 setup (which is pretty much a B16). Ours are set 3 or 4 clicks from fully soft and I'm told that's about regular B14 stiffness so plenty of room to go softer or harder.
There's a damping adjustable B14 kit for Clios? Where? The only B14 I can find is height adjustable only.

@tomislavp4 @Christopher yes indeed guys. We were lucky enough to get the first set on our car. They're just out, not even had a proper release yet I don't think. We're SUPER happy with them. As I said, we're 3/4 clicks from fully soft. Ride is stiff but only slightly more so than our OEM Cup set up, but we could go softer if we wish. Plus when it comes to track time we have a lot of room to go a lot stiffer.

Bilstein spent 12 weeks getting the damping perfect so I'm told and it really shows. Not had them on track but on the road they're absolutely phenomenal.

Price wise, they sit about the mid-range so they're not a cheap cheap option but still pretty affordable.

B14 are a bit soft on track, this way you have the best of both worlds.

Jade Developments can tell you the full story if you're interested for further info as they have the exclusive on them for the moment as they helped do the development.

Reactions: Christopher
These sound interesting. Do you mind sharing the cost?
I see that Jade Developments are in Liecestershire so close to me :smile:

Afraid I can't do that mate, I got mates rates as I'm doing JD a bit of a favour.

Give Sean a shout on the JD facebook page fella.

No worries, i have allready contacted him and i am going over tomorrow to have a chat. :wink:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice one. I wish I lived closer to there. Although Sean would get proper pissed off with me popping in to pick his brains about things! He really knows his stuff though mate. Best man for the Mk 3 Clio if you ask me. Hence the travel from London when I need stuff doing. Multiple Clio Cup championships says all you need to know really.

Its amazes me how many people i have found out recently that are based close that are in some sort of motorsports and i never knew they was there. Looking forward to the chat with him. But need to resist spending too much as this car is supposed to be a budget track toy :wink:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ///M
@///M Great! They seem not to be out yet as they're not listed anywhere, not even on the Bilstein website. I'm guessing they are one-way adjustable, rebound only? I'll be looking into getting coilovers next year and having more options is always good.

@///M Great! They seem not to be out yet as they're not listed anywhere, not even on the Bilstein website. I'm guessing they are one-way adjustable, rebound only? I'll be looking into getting coilovers next year and having more options is always good.

They're available to buy. Just not being advertised. And yeah. One way.

Best of luck making a purchase. Proper suspension is the best thing you can do to these cars in my opinion.

These sound interesting. Do you mind sharing the cost?
I see that Jade Developments are in Liecestershire so close to me :smile:

I had a chat to Sean @ Jade Developments about pricing on these, hoping they would be close to the price of normal Bilstein B14, unfortunately they are a lot more, there are many options but the base kit is £1600+VAT (but he mentioned he can offer discount on parts and labour if you go through them).

Way out of my budget unfortunately :worried:

If we go back to the original topic of lowering springs - I can't recommend Eibach ProKit enough - it's only a subtle drop, but ride improvement is really noticeable.
Manufacturer states -25/-30mm F/R, but I think it went down a bit more, maybe 30-35mm all round.
Body-roll is reduced in quick cornering, but driving normally is not firmer than OEM at all, I would even say it's better :smile:
So for the price (around 150GBP or so) you can't beat that.

H&Rs from my experience are too harsh and hard compared to the OEM (non-cup), but offering a smaller arch gap :smiley:

If we go back to the original topic of lowering springs - I can't recommend Eibach ProKit enough - it's only a subtle drop, but ride improvement is really noticeable.
Manufacturer states -25/-30mm F/R, but I think it went down a bit more, maybe 30-35mm all round.
Body-roll is reduced in quick cornering, but driving normally is not firmer than OEM at all, I would even say it's better :smile:
So for the price (around 150GBP or so) you can't beat that.

H&Rs from my experience are too harsh and hard compared to the OEM (non-cup), but offering a smaller arch gap :smiley:

Spot on !!

Agree with this word for word.

Love mine. Small (?) but significant difference from standard for my daily....

A non-Cup 200 is a very squishy thing though. I can't say I noticed any harshness difference from standard Cup springs to H&Rs. Road or track.