Help! Vibration under braking

All,

Picked my 200 up from the dealer this morning, got 3/4s of the way home before properly testing the brakes and there is a huge vibration in the steering wheel and through the pedal when braking, it reduces the heavier I brake!

Any ideas?!

Cheers,

Jono.

How long has it been sat at the dealers? If the pads had seized on while it was there then it could have left some material on the disc face - causing the vibration. Give the brakes some stick and get them warm, without ever completely stopping. Once they are warm they should clear up after a few more hard stops. Then make sure you spend 10 mins letting them cool down.

Theres no marking what so ever on the discs! And looking at the pads through the rims, they look absolutely fine! Its weird!

Speak to the dealer as soon as possible (so they know it was like that when you got it) and ask them to sort it out. It does sound like warped discs to me, but I'm no mechanic.

I've just booked it into my local dealership for Thursday, they said if the discs are warped then its not covered by warranty - why is this?!

I've just booked it into my local dealership for Thursday, they said if the discs are warped then its not covered by warranty - why is this?!

They just aint. Its in the warrenty T&Cs.

If the brakes are warped its possibly cause they've been "over used". Maybe tracked?

Ahhh dang!
I didn't feel it on the test drive, but didn't really go far tbh!
surely the dealer should contribute to new discs?

Mate don't worry too much. I had exactly the same with mine. They were really shaky at first. I reported it to the dealer (who wanted to re-profile the discs, but their machine was broken....apparently).

A week later and a bit of use and they were perfect again. Since then I've done 12k miles and a couple of track days on those discs and they're still good :smile:

Its probably to do with them being sat etc. Personally I'd give it time before spending money (thats if you can't get them for free, in which case take whatever you can get lol!)

I had a "braking imbalance" (Shakey steering wheel when hard braking) in my Corsa. Vxl wanted over £250 to replace the pads (I told them to poke that) and after some more use the problem went away.

yeah go spend some moneys on filling the tank, and give it yeeha, see how they are then, mite be worth striping the breaks down tho, my inside pads were stuck in the caliper with only the outside pad doing the breaking... again ****ty dealer said it was my fault, even though only owning the car for a few months be for i defo thot somthing was wrong. ended up having to fix it my self.