help with headunit

yea thawt so might just order it and see what its like if it looks ****e ill just send it back lol just need an adaptor thing and think i loose the top display thingy

Thats the one im swayed towards, although the thing thats putting me off is the £99 to keep the steering wheel controls! :worried:

Serious £99 to keep the controls they are taking the biscuit there arnt they. Reel u in with a cheap h/u and then hit u with a stick

As a general rule only buy alpine or pioneer. I would definitely go for one of the alpines priced around that point. Also have a look at alpine's ipod only headunits if you use an ipod/iphone to store your music.

And the steering wheel adapter shouldn't be that expensive, I paid £35 for my adapter

£99?! Its only £37 to retain controls for a 197!

edit: benw beat me to it! Ive gone for the alpine ipod unit with the alpine loom to keep controls & display.

Ive been quoted by quite a few places. Been told because its 'can-bus' and 'update list' its a dearer adapter!

My 197 is a 2007, the link says 2009 onwards, has anyone used it on an earlier model??

This might well have just made my night lol

£35 adapter works fine on mine, I no longer get track info etc on the dash display but all steering wheel controls are fine.

If you desperately want to keep the dash display working like standard then some alpines will do this, I'm sure 197-F1 can point you in the right direction :smile:

Not too fussed about the display as the radio will have its own display. The only alpines i like are way too expensive!!

If you have the non-canbus 197 you need the 005 adaptor and not the 007. These are 37 quid off ebay and that includes the patch lead of your choice.

£35 adapter works fine on mine, I no longer get track info etc on the dash display but all steering wheel controls are fine.

If you desperately want to keep the dash display working like standard then some alpines will do this, I'm sure 197-F1 can point you in the right direction :smile:

What alpines can i have and still keep all the dispaly?

So the one iv asked abut in the first post will cost me £99 for the lead to make it fit? Or have i got this wrong? Iv got a 07 f1 197

Thanks

Im not sure which alpines work but like I say, 197-F1 will probably know as he has ordered one.

And no, you will need the £35 adapter and £3 patch lead to make the steering wheel controls work. Look at post number 10

When you look at alpines, check the spec listed. You are looking for 'sub display' compatible. This means you can buy the alpine loom to retain controls and display.

Ant