Hi new here

Hi Renault owners

I've not had a Renault since a 5GT Turbo in 94
Currently looking out for a 197 cup with the wingback seats, selling my daily driver (BMW 525) to fund it, I want to trackday it and the Nurburgring. My last track car was a BMW M3. My garage queen is a 996 turbo but it only driven minimal really though it did a week at the Nurburgring in June.

I'll be probably asking questions if I can't find the answers on the forum.

Hiya John and welcome to the forum.

There's a few here with M3's , Porka's and even more serious metal. Like you they also have a little Clio for some Trackday fun etc. They kinda get under your skin these cars......

There's always plenty for sale. So from that just do your homework and wait for the right one.

Tell you what - there will be plenty here wanting to see pics of your Porsche im sure. Seeing what we are here; i bet even more would love to see the GT Turbo ! (Id love to see both).

Best of luck in your search and i hope you enjoy your stay on the forum.

Reactions: ///M and John Plumb
Hiya John and welcome to the forum.

There's a few here with M3's , Porka's and even more serious metal. Like you they also have a little Clio for some Trackday fun etc. They kinda get under your skin these cars......

There's always plenty for sale. So from that just do your homework and wait for the right one.

Tell you what - there will be plenty here wanting to see pics of your Porsche im sure. Seeing what we are here; i bet even more would love to see the GT Turbo ! (Id love to see both).

Best of luck in your search and i hope you enjoy your stay on the forum.

I've been think what's best as a track car and can find or think of anything more up to the job than a 197, especially for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Johnny 99
How long till I can look at the forsale items ? I'm blocked

Just requires a paid membership John. To view the sales section and the renowned How to's etc

Click on your username on the homepage. In the drop down menu 'Memberships' appears.

Starts at just £5 a year....

Reactions: John Plumb
Done

Colour isn't too important but I want a few things on the wish list so I'll wait for the right one.

Read the buyers guide here John.

***Sorry: Technophobe here can't direct link you on my phone !!

***It's top of the New Members section :smile:

Welcome to the family (& that really is what we are on here). Your taste in cars is impecccable! As stated these wee RSs do get under your skin in terms of fun per £. Hope you find the right car soon. Pics of your Beemers most appreciated plus of the Clio when you get her. Enjoy your stay here. Good advice & plenty of banter, none of which should be taken to heart! (The banter that is!)

Last edited:
Welcome to the family. You’re in good company here - plenty of progress threads to give you inspiration.
In terms of setup, I’m not sure if it’s @Christopher who has fully polybushed his 200. I do recall seeing someone on one of the Facebook groups doing it and it certainly wasn’t an ideal daily driver. I hope you don’t have any fillings!
The Mk3 certainly benefits from the Powerflex mounts for the upper torque arm, lower engine and gearbox. So much tighter, massive improvement and the vibrations die down after a few hundred miles.

Welcome John.

As Sean said above, coilovers and good pads and you're all sorted. And yes the standard cup suspension is bloody good from the factory but there is a big improvement from fitting some proper coilovers. Well worth the effort.

Good luck on the search, hope we see some new car pics soon.

Have a good read of the buyers guide. It helped so much when buying ours.

Welcome to the forum John! It always makes me smile when people with serious metal buy/look to buy a Clio RS - says a lot for their credentials! Good luck in the search, hope the forum can be helpful to you.