Hi, what mods are good for the 197 engine?

kappa75 said:
Did somebody try remaping the ecu with a chip from Henk (http://www.fastchip.nl/)?

seriously, I got it, it is great. the engine is picking up much better in low revs. The service is very good and they will write a personal ecumap for you, if asked. Oh, the rev limiter is a bit higher!

And now to this topic: I am trying to store the power of a lightning strike in special nuclear lithium-ion batteries. Like a sort Kers-system. I think it works great and will give a temporary boost of 50-70hp. I am waiting for the first direct lightning strike on my antenna to put the theory to action...

richandgem said:
hi Kev welcome to the site, I know someone that has matched their inlet, fitted a special induction system fitted catcams and then had it remapped. It sounds amazing and goes like my 182 :wink:

Catcam Kev we call him

:lol: :lol:

richandgem said:
chappo said:
pez1356 said:
wots all this bout superchargers for the 197? want. 1. now. where?

give Mark a pm from Jamsport,

i think he could be your man, :smiley:
Given what I have heard about Jamsport I personally wouldn't go near them. But thats just me

by the sounds of it then they might not do a good enough job on the clio,

they do the super charger for the Fiesta ST and they have nothing but praise for there work. they have fitted so many S/C to the ST and i havnt seen ONE bad word said against them :?:

some ST,s are running 330-380 bhp with these kits fitted, no probs at all,

maybe they are not that up on the Renault side of things.

horses for courses i suppose,

Hey guys, wasup?

i am Jacques all the way from South Africa. just bought my Clio197 last week, racing red!

has anyone you know of done supercharging or turbo charging on the 197's?

thanks