Hot hot hot intake manifold

So in my quest to find out what my hot running issue is I've got hold of an Elm OBD II wifi reader and am connected using dashcommand. However, whilst its connected, I cant get data of the CAN. Has anyone tried this and what settings are they using. I'd like to share some data, before fitting spacers. I've tried changing the response timeout from 100 through to 1000 with no luck, it connects at all settings, but doesnt give values.

I can get the reader and app to work another non-renault car.

Error I get is "failed to read emissions monitor status. No OBD II response, try increasing OBD II response timeout"

Hi the ELM 327 doesnt have bluetooth, however, I'll try that app, and I can try on Android as well as iphone in case that helps.

They all work, it is what your phone or device is the problem. I just use a cheap obd2 wifi reader off eBay both my peasant iPhone 4s works great

Sounds interesting....so putting a spacer stops the heat reaching the intake. Makes sense. Do you have a link to the material you used, and how did you cut it. Your engine looks really clean too. Like the clamp on the sensor, mine is loose too, are they all like that.

My car seems intermittent. Temp outside 42 degrees today. Driving home, car fine. stop at lights....then car just drops in power and gutless rest of journey home. Just doesnt want to rev......

Found out the technical name for the material. It is Phenolic

They all work, it is what your phone or device is the problem. I just use a cheap obd2 wifi reader off eBay both my peasant iPhone 4s works great

OK, I've ordered another one and will try again. That should give me enough variation.

Thanks I'm going to wait and see how the readings pan out first.

ok no checked with an one I I reader connects via a series cable to a laptop. It connects but doesn't read any data. Anyone else seen this? I am going to try disconnecting the battery in case the bus on ecu is stuck and a reposed might clear it.

any other advice welcome

OK, so that didnt help, my odbII port is connecting but not giving out any info. Anyone got any ideas why this might be?

Hi - thanks, sorry I should be clearer. I have an iPhone and Android, it doesnt work with either, and I've tried Torque app aswell as EOBD-facile. In addition, I've tried a serial / USB connected OBD II connected directly to a lap top. All will connect, but not read any live data. I've checked the voltage between pins 5 and 16 and get battery voltage. However, I also note, that not all pins are showing on the socket.
attachment.php

Have some pins been pushed back? Or is everyone's OBD port like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 112

Similar Thread Suggestions