How did you choose your Clio

I needed a 2nd car that wasn't going to break the bank but would also be fun to own/drive. After putting my budget into auto trader up came 3 clio 197/200's within 100 miles. This one is a lux with low miles 40k, one lady owner, cup pack, leather, diamond cut wheels and 2 spares with winter tyres (handy for the highland winters!), aero kit and full history. and most importantly isofix seats for the boss lol. probably paid a wee bit more than i wanted to but for what we have the car is perfect i absolutely love the looks with the aero kit combined with the black. Don't think i will be using it much in the winter will keep it good for summer time i think.

Reactions: Sean197
I had just written off a yellow Meg 250 cup, and still owed 6k on it.
Was getting a 12k payout (took 3 months to sort the payout so I was window shopping for a new car for a while), so used half to pay off the Meg and I had actually been looking at 197's in red and white around the 4k mark to get a tidy example, and use some of the cash to get some of the good bits like coilovers, exhaust, etc.

I was never particularly fond of the 200 shape, but the 250 kind of warmed me to it as I feel it is similar.
But I seen a rough AG, and boy did I know AG stood out. As much as I wanted the colour for exclusivity and yobo factor, I didn't want a dog of a car.
The only other I came across was a high miler (5 years old, 80k miles), but it had one owner and FSH.
Decided to go take a look at it, drove it, no issues with the gearbox, paintwork and interior was great for the miles it had, only niggles it had were a couple of kerbings, so I bought it and drove it away!

bOPaO5U.jpg

My C2 VTS at 92k was getting a little long in the tooth so I looked around for a suitable go-kart upgrade that wouldn't disappoint. The only car that I could think of with more grunt and better handling was the 197 Cup. I thought about the RS200 and 200T as well, but a low cost and low mileage well maintained 2008/9 197 Cup really made more sense to me as a first time Renault Sport owner... but there weren't many Cups to choose from.

I read this forum front to back and back to front before going to look at a few examples and after inspecting lots of photos of 197s for sale online. Drove 150 miles north to Stoke. Traded the VTS in and got a 59k mile Nimbus Grey 197 Cup for just over £4000! The FSH (at 12k intervals) and its very tidy presentation: no scuffs or knocks, impeccable black speedlines, stainless steel exhaust manifold, no interior damage or wear, nice unworn drilled discs and a recent cambelt change (at 56k) all made the right noises. A no brainer really...

Reactions: Sean197