How to add link in signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

///M

Gold Member
Hi guys,

I've contacted Shuv about this and he explained how to do it, however, it seems I'm missing the signature edit link as it doesn't appear to be where it should be.

Can someone point me in the right direction if I'm being dumb, or update my profile with the correct permissions if not...

:smile:

Image to show my profile edit options, you'll see there is no mention of signature!

sloe9v.jpg

EDIT: @sevenfourate Shuv how do you edit yours? Do you have the Signature link in your drop down box? I had to update my permissions through Admin CP, otherwise my options were the same as Mes's. However your permissions are showing as not being able to edit it yourself?? #confused

Last edited:
I think @Chris enabled mine. I still can't get a link to work in the signature box though, it's really weird!

I think @Chris enabled mine. I still can't get a link to work in the signature box though, it's really weird!

Thanks Micah, that makes sense if Chris has allowed it for you, and it does indeed show that. Shuv's however does not...

The ability to include a link is another separate permission, hence why a lot of people have the full URL in their sigs.

Thanks Micah, that makes sense if Chris has allowed it for you, and it does indeed show that. Shuv's however does not...

The ability to include a link is another separate permission, hence why a lot of people have the full URL in their sigs.

Well bloody give me that before I end up dropping something else on a brick!
But in all seriousness, you have an extra permission ticked as per your sig, compared to mine?

Well bloody give me that before I end up dropping something else on a brick!
But in all seriousness, you have an extra permission ticked as per your sig, compared to mine?

Ha :admin:

But yes in all seriousness, I have just had to physically go in and edit my permissions to be able to sort my signature out, as I didn't have the option in my drop down box - I had nothing at all sig related :weary:

mine doesnt work either..does it need to be enabled on mine too??
@Jimmy
sorry it does..just how do i get the bit"good,bad cop" in my avatar??

Reactions: ///M
EDIT: @sevenfourate Shuv how do you edit yours? Do you have the Signature link in your drop down box? I had to update my permissions through Admin CP, otherwise my options were the same as Mes's. However your permissions are showing as not being able to edit it yourself?? #confused

My signature shows as an option currently, and I did previously edit it myself @Jimmy

So appears to be a Standard feature here :smile:

***Unless of course I could then and now can't for some reason ?

mine doesnt work either..does it need to be enabled on mine too??
@Jimmy
sorry it does..just how do i get the bit"good,bad cop" in my avatar??

Ah so you have it too Pav, interesting... The custom title can be changed by me or Chris - let me know if you want something special :wink:

My signature shows as an option currently, and I did previously edit it myself @Jimmy

So appears to be a Standard feature here :smile:

***Unless of course I could then and now can't for some reason ?

Also interesting, and getting more and more confusing :smile:

I know it was very easy to do on the old forum format, so perhaps it's something to do with that... Some appear to have it and others don't - as I say Shuv, your permissions are showing that you shouldn't be able to edit it, but clearly you can :think:

Reactions: Pav
Ah so you have it too Pav, interesting... The custom title can be changed by me or Chris - let me know if you want something special :wink:

Also interesting, and getting more and more confusing :smile:

I know it was very easy to do on the old forum format, so perhaps it's something to do with that... Some appear to have it and others don't - as I say Shuv, your permissions are showing that you shouldn't be able to edit it, but clearly you can :think:

Home now - and can definitely still edit as we stand right now.

Glad to confuse. A speciality of mine...... :smile:

Reactions: ///M

I also changed my user title myself Jimmy. (Didn't realise all Mods / Admins couldn't themselves).

Does that make me "special" :smile:

I also changed my user title myself Jimmy. (Didn't realise all Mods / Admins couldn't themselves).

Does that make me "special" :smile:

:smile: you were already special Shuv, even before you told me that :wink:

Well I'm assuming that yes, staff are able to amend their own Custom Titles, as I seem to now remember that Sean had changed his (the whole angry snail saga that left its slimy trail on the forum...) himself :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.