I'm a little scared

richandgem

Platinum Member
Due to being fed up with my fellow managers and because of a person issue between me and another bloke I work with I've quit my job. I handed my noticenin and due to the amount of holiday I had, and us both wanting to avoid and uncomfortable situation I finished on the same day.

Fortunately the night before I handed my notice in I spoke to someone that's been asking me to go work for him for a while, so I start Wednesday. But I've been there for a few years now and got very comfy, plus I'd manage to turn my department round and make it productive and effecient again. I'm going back to the trade I started in, plastic moulds which is if I'm honest my true calling and I've missed it ever since leaving.

It's all happened a little fast tbh, one day it was my job 36 hours later I'm finishing, at least i don't have to work notice :smile:

Plus I'm no longer on the salary which is great due to how much overtime I'd do lol

Last edited:
sorry to hear your situation rich,

but like you said atleast you can/have walked straight into another job. which by the sounds of it you did enjoy it last time.

i'm a firm believer of things happening for a reason... good luck with the switch, hope the new job turns out for the good :smile:

"Every cloud has a silver lining"

You will be scared, but everything happens for a reason!

What Mike said mate, keep the head high and think yourself lucky you have been able to walk straight into another job and Good luck!

i'm a firm believer of things happening for a reason... good luck with the switch, hope the new job turns out for the good :smile:

I must admit I'm starting to believe in this, Gem been telling to be paitient and everything seems to have fallen into place even though things have been a bit **** :smile:

it's been a bit of a gamble stopping in engineering particularly given the recession put it seems to have paid off. I don't know anyone my age that is in my profession so it makes me a little rare now.

Thanks for the comments guys

Good for you matey.

I was in a similar situation a few years back, i worked for arseholes but was settled into a comfort zone. However a few event turns happened and i had to get out for the sake of my own sanity.

At the time i was thrown a lifeline by a sort of distant friend, and i took a paycut and a massive commuting blow, but i had cut myself loose, which felt a million times better than the things i had lost.

I hung around there for a while and then got another offer and now im rock solid in my element and very happy. I actually enjoy going to work these days :smile:

Im in engineering too lol, funny old world :tongueout:

I am sure that you will be fine, and on Wednesday, you will realise what a good move it was...people generally don't quit something unless it really is no longer right, and you probably would have moved on at some point!

Good luck!

remember how much time you spend at work, it's like so much of your life. so if you're not doing something that you enjoy, it's just wasting your life

I've been in the same job for 4 years ever since i left high school, I’ve been saying im going to apply for another job for the past 12months but ive gotten very comfy there and finally i plucked up some will power and applied for Santander, ive got a telephone interview next week and i have no idea what to expect! ive never applied for a job or done a interview for that matter.. I’m scared too!

Good luck with your new job rich

like your ballsy approach - you should do well with it :thumbup:

i am getting the same but i dont want to walk away too much redundancy money at stake - but if soemthing comes along think i will go - just had enough of being taken for a mug.....