Insurance Disaster averted!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Admiral Multicar renewal came through for the two cars for £997, so I said go away, the cheapest they could do was £945 when they tried.

Two SEPARATE policies came up at about £800, so multi-car is cheaper my backside.

E-Sure came up top trumps at £462,85 for the 197, and Admiral (!!!) came up at £323 for the Clio 1,4.

So I was all ready to start the policies, but disaster struck....NOT ONE company would start the policy until I came back from Germany - the policy expires at 00h01 on Sunday 27th June!!!!

Temporary cover was another option, that was £102 for TWO DAYS - NO WAY!

After trying to find a solution, including starting the multicar policy then cancelling it, I called Admiral and read the riot act to them.

£833,64 was the outcome - more expensive than two separate policies, only marginally more expensive than what Chris Knott, Sky Insurance and Adrian Flux quoted me for JUST the 197.

Why can't Admiral just quote that price in the first place?!?!?!

SHOP AROUND!!!!!! And argue the case with existing insurance companies!!! It works

Now I have to go and prepare the car for next weekends trip :smile::smile:

Learnt about shooping around for insurance years ago when you had to phone up, (before t'internet) and regurgatate the same answers to the same questions over and over and over again.

Anyway was trying to insure my KR1-S (2-stroke GP rep of the day) and the first call to broker A was £800 odd - send me a policy form to read and maybe sign. Many calls and time later get a quote off broker Z for £222 - super, send me a policy to read and sign.

Couple of days later 2 envelopes drop through the letterbox from insurance brokers, one for £800 odd and the other for £222.

Guess what, both are willing to insure me with the insurance same company, TT Motor policies at Lloyds!!. Except one was taking a huge slice of cake and the other a slither.

Lesson learned.

If you think that's weird, get this! My insurance was due for renewal on the day I picked my 197 up. I had done a new quote online before I bought the car so I knew how much it was likely to cost me. They quoted the cheapest at £870. So I rang them up a couple of weeks before I was due to collect my new car and the guy on the phone said £1070! So I told him I'd had a new quote online for £870 and he said he couldn't do it for that price and to just start a new policy! So I did that and rang back up to say I wasn't renewing my policy with them from my old Clio. When the bloke on the phone asked me why, I told him and was shocked that the other guy had told me that! He said he could have just done my renewal at the new policy price!

It was in their face at the end of the day, new customers were getting free brake down cover at the time, so I got more for less! Idiots!

Similar Thread Suggestions