Is it just me??!!

I try to avoid parking areas. There is so many half blind or idiots who cannot see red clio and crashes.

I either: Walk to Tescos, put mine in the garage - 'suddenly' remember I need to go out and then take the wife's / sons car. Or park well away from the madding crowd.

Basically confined spaces give me and the Clio a rash !

***And in no way do I think my car is something special. I'm like that with most things I've worked hard and payed for with cold hard. Just with so many people seemingly not giving a flying fook - it's easier to be careful than deal with the consequences afterwards in my eyes...

I either: Walk to Tescos, put mine in the garage - 'suddenly' remember I need to go out and then take the wife's / sons car. Or park well away from the madding crowd.

Basically confined spaces give me and the Clio a rash !

***And in no way do I think my car is something special. I'm like that with most things I've worked hard and payed for with cold hard. Just with so many people seemingly not giving a flying fook - it's easier to be careful than deal with the consequences afterwards in my eyes...

I use bicycle or scooter if i have to go for example post office.
I just dont want those park place dents. Or scratches.
In my city we have lot of.. how i say, not so caring people driving around. If they crash into your car they just drive away.
And then i am mad and have to pay fix for my own pocket even i have crash insurance.

Here is my solution, detailed of course :smiley:

20170526_183905.jpg\medium

Nathan, this is all well and good until a guy in a Ferrari pulls up next to you!

And who is to say the owner of said shed doesn't have something significantly better than your Clio sat at home but they take the shed to the supermarket, for obvious reasons.

If EVER my car is in a supermarket, or any car park for that matter, I'm sitting in it waiting.

Had to leave mine in a car park outside Halfords for two minutes while I dropped off an old battery for disposal. I was thoroughly unhappy the whole time.

I find the only other people that don't open their door onto yours is other enthusiasts. I won't park next to expensive cars as they are just as bad as the people driving peasant wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DS197
I find the only other people that don't open their door onto yours is other enthusiasts. I won't park next to expensive cars as they are just as bad as the people driving peasant wagons.

Agreed. Plus they can more likely afford to fix any dents and scrapes without worrying about the money too much.

Basically no one gives a crap about anyone else. I make sure I don't give them an opportunity to prove it!

Reactions: Pav
Agreed. Plus they can more likely afford to fix any dents and scrapes without worrying about the money too much.

Basically no one gives a crap about anyone else. I make sure I don't give them an opportunity to prove it!

Exactly. I park at the top of a multi story right under a cctv camera. There's lifts, so you don't need to walk any further.

Exactly. I park at the top of a multi story right under a cctv camera. There's lifts, so you don't need to walk any further.

Currently standing at just short of £1500 outlay to sort out car park wanker dents and scrapes. I refuse to add to that sum any further!!!

Reactions: Roshi69
Currently standing at just short of £1500 outlay to sort out car park wanker dents and scrapes. I refuse to add to that sum any further!!!

Know that feeling right now..waiting for quotes to come through!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ///M
I've lost count of the times my car has been damaged by other drivers when parked. We live in a small village where we don't have a drive / garage and need to park in surrounding streets, as do virtually all my neighbours. In 10 years we've had our cars damaged 5 times, twice with wings pushed in by some amount whereby we've needed to use our insurance as the costs have been huge. Everytime, not one note or a knock to the door. We all know one another's cars, whilst we can't prove anything, in all probability it's been people that have known us.

Thankfully I've never hit a parked car, but if I did, I'd genuinely leave my details. I'd make sure I took photos of the damage though so that I don't get any allegations of massive amounts of damage and a claim for a whole respray.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
Having worked hard, payed outright for and knowing what it takes to earn the money for every car I've owned - I've often wondered what I'd be like if I owned a really nice car.

TBH I think if I owned a £40k xxx - I'd highly likely be too worried to take it out and care-free leave it in a pub car park etc and really enjoy it as such.

Shouldn't have to be that way - but in this day and age with so many company cars, leased vehicles etc on the road: not to mention people who don't give a shit about anyone else / anyone else's property regardless and those who key your car just because you own something nice: I can't see me finding out anytime soon.....

Sad isn't it.

Reactions: Deer_Dodger
Having worked hard, payed outright for and knowing what it takes to earn the money for every car I've owned - I've often wondered what I'd be like if I owned a really nice car.

TBH I think if I owned a £40k xxx - I'd highly likely be too worried to take it out and care-free leave it in a pub car park etc and really enjoy it as such.

Shouldn't have to be that way - but in this day and age with so many company cars, leased vehicles etc on the road: not to mention people who don't give a shit about anyone else / anyone else's property regardless and those who key your car just because you own something nice: I can't see me finding out anytime soon.....

Sad isn't it.

I have always had an issue with this, to be honest if i drove a £70 car i would still be the same! - its my car why should i let people damage it?

I have even turned my wife over many years to park away from anyone else - she hates it when I clean her car because she has to put up with the damage report after...I am sure she hates me.

Its very common to see in carparks in fact i saw this on tuesday in a morrisons car park some utter C&^T loading their car up with the door firmly wedged against a newish audi next to it - makes my blood boil.

I have a leased daily and im exactly the same with that car, my octavia when they came to collect it the guy asked if I had even used it....its just down to people really - those that care about it and those that dont.

Same for detailing I used to chase perfection which I had to admit for me is just impossible, i settle for the best I can get within the spare time I have - as long as im happy I don't care about what others think.

Same when I view cars to buy I am very easily out off by a 'oh i dont have a copy of that service invoice', and 'age related marks' which turn out to be careless ownership.

Your not alone sevenfourate the struggle is hard!.

Some bunch of little cunts were throwing biscuits at cars at a Tesco last night near my GF's. Had to have a few words with the shitbags, when I came out they had carried on and one had hit my car, luckily no damage...

Parked it well out the way as well...

Some bunch of little cunts were throwing biscuits at cars at a Tesco last night near my GF's. Had to have a few words with the shitbags, when I came out they had carried on and one had hit my car, luckily no damage...

Parked it well out the way as well...
lovely kiddies right??they dont know how much time and money we have spent on making our cars fun and beautiful..
shame on them!!

Reactions: kevlar
lovely kiddies right??they dont know how much time and money we have spent on making our cars fun and beautiful..
shame on them!!

Well I did point this out to them, so which I got a sarcastic reply, when I say kiddies, they were all on mopeds, so encroaching on adulthood...

Lets just say, bloody good job I wasn't there when that pelted my car as id probably be in a bit of bother now lol...

Reactions: kevlar and Pav
F.........k. It's a lot of money on a car not worth much more... I paid 2,900 for mine so I'd have to be very attached to spend that much!

F.........k. It's a lot of money on a car not worth much more... I paid 2,900 for mine so I'd have to be very attached to spend that much!

Most of that was on another car mate. But in all honesty, if it was the Clio, I'd have still done it because I love it so much!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Most of that was on another car mate. But in all honesty, if it was the Clio, I'd have still done it because I love it so much!
I know what you mean, I'd have done the same for my old cup, especially seeing how much they're worth now!

Reactions: ///M