JMR's LY200

Finally got the car cleaned yesterday!
Spent a couple of hours, and finished it off with a new product to me, never used it before but heard good things - Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Very impressed with how easy it is to apply and buff.
Water behaviour sounds like its going to look impressive when the rain comes too.
Nice and slick, smooth finish, unlike Sonax BSD.
Personal favourite at the moment is Polish Angel Rapidwaxx (but its expensive)

Pics...

40043353774_45afb212cc_k.jpgP1020465 by *JMR*, on Flickr

40043348864_69948d8d0b_k.jpgP1020466 by *JMR*, on Flickr

40753348021_3432eafbc6_k.jpgP1020454 by *JMR*, on Flickr

38943104060_ff1f9691a3_k.jpgP1020458 by *JMR*, on Flickr

And a close up of my wheels
40043344704_544a70850f_k.jpgP1020472 by *JMR*, on Flickr

Wheels will be off when the weather holds up a bit longer to be coated with Gtechniq C5.

Gotta love LY :hearteyes:

Bought some Soft99 Fusso Light Coat 12month coating for when the car gets a proper detail in the coming weeks.
Will be interesting to see just how good this product is.

(easy purchase as I had a £10 voucher to use on eBay so I bought it direct from Soft99uk)

Bought some Soft99 Fusso Light Coat 12month coating for when the car gets a proper detail in the coming weeks.
Will be interesting to see just how good this product is.

(easy purchase as I had a £10 voucher to use on eBay so I bought it direct from Soft99uk)
would like to know how this performs..sure 12 months is a long time for a paste based protection..anyhow,hope you are able to give us some positive feedback soon :thumb:

Reactions: JMR
would like to know how this performs..sure 12 months is a long time for a paste based protection..anyhow,hope you are able to give us some positive feedback soon :thumb:

Really looking forward to getting a coat of this on. I bought the Fusso Coat light for the RS200 and Fusso coat dark for the Porsche. One tub in fairness would do both cars irrespective of light/dark coat, but if I bought one it didn't add up to the minimum spend of £30 to use the eBay voucher lol

The Detailing World guys have been loving this product for a few years now, but I've invested in Polish Angel sealants, its just that my Master Sealant has all but dried out (and its 3 years old)

So a new product is next !!
I'll be sure to write up what I think when I apply it, and in the coming months will update this thread

Reactions: Pav
Aaaaaaaahhhhh

Driving on the motorway today, miles behind the car in front, a tiny stone flew up and put a massive crack in my windscreen.
Right on the edge, so its cracked from the outside, halfway up the passenger side across in to the middle by about 6".

B0llocks. :rage:

And I only had a new screen fitted in October :disappointed:

Car looking excellent.

I found that I prefer the Sonax BSD as the meguiars detailer doesn't really give much protection/beading qualities.

Reactions: JMR
ohh nooo..sorry to hear..is your windscreen insured??

Yep its insured. £75 xs
I called Aviva last week and I have to just book a slot on AutoGlass website.
They can't make it to me til this Tuesday coming, so I've sat the LY200 in the garage for the last week and used the Porsche for the daily schlep.

I'm missing the little Clio to be honest.
And having to give the mrs a lift everywhere...

Reactions: Pav
Car looking excellent.

I found that I prefer the Sonax BSD as the meguiars detailer doesn't really give much protection/beading qualities.

Yep.
The Megs is slicker, but BSD looks better (beading) and is certainly more durable.

Had the windscreen replaced on Tuesday.
I asked for a genuine Renault screen (only on the online form, I never got round to speaking to anyone on the phone) but they turned up with a non-gen one, which wasn't really a problem, as the glass in there was non-gen after being replaced in October.

The job was nice and neat, the glass is not quite as good as genuine glass, but I can't really remember what it was like, the replacement one shows a little distortion at the extremities adjacent to the A pillars. Its clear enough to look through on the whole though.

All looked ok after he'd gone, but the black plastic A pillar trims don't sit flush with the glass now, so I've phoned up AutoGlass and they're coming back on Tuesday with two brand new trims.

Hopefully this should sort it out. I'm hoping he doesn't have to adjust the screen position, otherwise I will tell them to come back with a genuine screen at another time.

I never got round to saying, another Autoglass guy came back with two new trims, fitted them and they are fine.
And better because one of the rubber flanges at the bottom of the pax one was split.

I did notice a few days ago though, that I have no plastic caps on the wiper nuts now.
And the drivers side trim has no screw at the bottom where it should fix in to the top of the front wing (above the scuttle)

Shoddy, slack workmanship tbh, which has p!ssed me off a bit

Oh and I prepped, clayed machine polished and then applied Fusso Coat to the front end of the car last weekend.

It was a breeze to apply, super easy to buff (which I was surprised with) and is really slick.
And when the rain came the beading was daft.
Better than BSD

Car is booked in for its annual service.

Full Renault Service, oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter, cam belt/auxbelt and tensioners, water pump, coolant and full bleed of brake fluid and clutch fluid then replaced with new.

Also getting the missing fixing on the new A-pillar trim sorted, and the wiper arm nut covers.

Gonna cost me an arm and a leg, but I said to the mrs I'd go halves with her.

Should give the car a new lease of life, and preventative maintenance will give us some peace of mind for the coming years.

Reactions: Ocsltd and Big Ben
Had the car sorted on Thursday at Renault.
Full 6yr service including cam belt, aux belt, water pump, coolant change, brake fluid change.

All looked pretty good apart from needing new discs all round pretty soon.
Pads have loads of life left in them but the discs are down to the last 1mm of useable material.

Had the wiper nut covers and the a-pillar bottom plastic rivet replaced f.o.c.
Generally happy, disappointed I've got another bill coming soon with the brakes though.

I'm budgeting a bit less than £300 to get them all sorted.
Pagids/Brembos I think.These will replace the genuine Renault front and rear items that are on at the moment

Last edited:
1mm remaining on discs is a long time. From memory they come 28mm new and a minimum thickness (Renault recommendation) of 26mm.

I certainly wouldn’t be in any major panic to replace them.

Reactions: Dumdum
1mm remaining on discs is a long time. From memory they come 28mm new and a minimum thickness (Renault recommendation) of 26mm.

I certainly wouldn’t be in any major panic to replace them.

Sorry, 0.1mm on the rears, a touch more on the front :neutral:

Reactions: -Eddie-
Parts ordered today :sunglasses:

Brembo HC coated front discs from KAM Racing
Brembo front caliper pins from KAM Racing
Brembo Front pads - ECP
Pagid rear discs - ECP
Brembo rear pads - ECP

Reactions: Big Ben

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0