Just tried to change my sidelights

Just changed my headlights from my old Corsa, but when it came to swapping the sidelights over i got stuck with the passenger side.

I took the battery cover off and the electric box cover but i still couldn't get my hand in to pull the sidelight out.

Anyone managed to get their sidelights changed without taking the bumper off? If not I'll just have to take the bumper off another day, i couldn't be bothered to do it today at all. :coffee:

Yea, thats what i did to change my headlights. Sidelights are further down in front of the battery :worried:

I tried that with some long nose pliers but i couldn't grab it right so i gave up as a bad job, and i was damaging the blue wires. I'm sure there are some smaller ones we used to use for karting in the garage somewhere, I'll have to have a look.

Cheers jase.

best thing to use is some long "angled forceps"
you can get them from fishing tackle shops. :wink:

I can just about force my hand down there if you kind of angle yourself properly so your arms straight and your bums on the wing with you facing away from the car...

I can just about force my hand down there if you kind of angle yourself properly so your arms straight and your bums on the wing with you facing away from the car...

:lol:

Thanks, i did have a search on the How-to section before i went out but i couldnt see anything to do with sidelights.

Cheers :smile:

Just take the battery out.

Find your radio code before you do it though, I wont be held responsible for you losing your radio :lol:

Does anyone have a quick how-to on the bumper removal front?

Is it a big job?

Did mine yesterday, it's pretty easy.

This is basically what you need to do:

1) Remove 4 bolts on the top of the bumper, these are 10mm bolts
2) Also remove 2 plastic screws to far right and left at the top of the bumper, these are just in front of 2 of the bolts
3) Remove 2 bolts and 4 torx screws from the bottom of the bumper. Bolts are 10mm and torx are small but not sure on exact size
4) Look in the front of the wheel arch and find the big rubbed bung, pull this out with a screwdriver or your fingers
5) Pull the arch liner forwards so that you have access behind it (put steering wheel on full lock to do this)
6) There is a 10mm bolt holding bumper on to the chassis, this faces away from you so it a pain to undo but a universal joint adapter on your socket will make things easier
7) Bumper now pulls off easily, it's fairly heavy so make sure you don't drop it!