K-Tec Mods??? Clio 200 with Cup Pack!

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd get the opinions of some of you experts on here!

Basically I have been searching for a Clio 200 for a little while and have recently found a car that I really like. Throughout my search I have been looking for an unmodified car - factory spec - however I have recently found a car which seems to be a good spec, have great service history, and is mint condition.... however it has some mods that I do not have much knowledge on.

These include:
- K-Tec Cat back exhaust system
- H&R 30mm lowering springs
- K-Tec grooved front disks
- Ferodo DS performance pads
- ITG panel filter

I am not too bothered about the brake disks and pads; however I am not a fan of the lowering springs and exhaust system (p.s. I understand that some of you may think thats crazy). Just wondering if any of you had fitted similar mods to your car? Would they likely affect insurance prices? If I was interested in the car, would any of you advise removing the parts and returning the car to stock?

Thanks

Welcome along!

I'll be honest, I was never a fan of the Ktec exhaust when on my car. I had a decat fitted too and it would have made your ears bleed at times! The brakes are probably a good upgrade so I wouldn't worry about those.

I can't comment on the springs but it is a mod I'm looking into for my Clio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SJS_RS
They will affect insurance but not by enough to go against the car if it's "the one". It can all be removed anyway if you really want rid of them. (I'd probably feel the same).

Try Greenlight for insurance. Any mods I'm putting on the car are FOC, exception being a turbo or supercharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys! Had arranged a viewing for this weekend (Sunday) - couldn't go earlier as the car is located over 250 miles away and I'm busy. Unfortunately in the last few hours someone, (I am assuming a dealer), has placed a deposit on the car and is viewing it tomorrow morning. Just my luck :worried:. Oh well, hopefully I'll find another if he does go forward with the deal.

Thanks for the help guys! Had arranged a viewing for this weekend (Sunday) - couldn't go earlier as the car is located over 250 miles away and I'm busy. Unfortunately in the last few hours someone, (I am assuming a dealer), has placed a deposit on the car and is viewing it tomorrow morning. Just my luck :worried:. Oh well, hopefully I'll find another if he does go forward with the deal.

Shame, but there are plenty of cars around. You'll find one.