Ken's RS 200 daily/trackday car

I’ve seen this mentioned quite a lot but unfortunately haven’t seen anybody actually find a solution. Hopefully you’ll manage to, let us know the outcome if you do. Did you buy the collars direct from Spoon or use that cheaper website I posted in the other thread? I’ve made my mind up that I’m going to give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See above post, it’s easy as adjusting two track rod ends!

The tracking is off to the steering wheel, so in as much as it’s been aligned the wheel wasn’t in the correct place when it was done

There is an easy solution, you need to get it reset up with the steering wheel in the correct place!

Also don’t forget you will need to have the steering slightly off centre as a car will naturally pull to the edge of the road with camber

Effectively if you take exactly half a turn off the track rod end of the wheel which is towing in too far with the wheel straight and add the exact same amount on to the other side and then drive, it should then be nearer, adjust a little more and you will keep the geometry correct and the wheel will then be in the correct place!

That’s easy and down to whoever set the car up not allowing for the curve of the road or allowing for it too much! :smile: simples!

We've done the alignment this week after replacing all the balljoints in the hubs...tracking was off, set it now with some toe-out and more negative camber (-1,3°). Steering wheel is centered and it doesn't pull to the right anymore. Much more stability.

We've done the alignment this week after replacing all the balljoints in the hubs...tracking was off, set it now with some toe-out and more negative camber (-1,3°). Steering wheel is centered and it doesn't pull to the right anymore. Much more stability.
But with respect you said the car is aligned and the steering wheel is off, my solution is to solve that issue as I was under the impression your alignment was perfect (it wasn’t it seems now) and the wheel was off

Glad your sorted though :smile:

My advice still stands for someone who has had alignment done as @petercronin describes and the steering wheel isn’t centred :wink:

But with respect you said the car is aligned and the steering wheel is off, my solution is to solve that issue as I was under the impression your alignment was perfect (it wasn’t it seems now) and the wheel was off

Glad your sorted though :smile:

My advice still stands for someone who has had alignment done as @petercronin describes and the steering wheel isn’t centred :wink:

Yes, but if you have play in the balljoints you will never get it aligned right. As was the case with my car. Had the car aligned 4 times the last half a year...Now i'm finally getting it dialed in, track test next week. I wouldn't know of any shop aligning a car without having the wheel centered really.

Yes, but if you have play in the balljoints you will never get it aligned right. As was the case with my car. Had the car aligned 4 times the last half a year...Now i'm finally getting it dialed in, track test next week. I wouldn't know of any shop aligning a car without having the wheel centered really.
Glad your sorted mate, yes with play your alignment would never be correct

Yesterday left at 5AM to France, 3,5hours later I was at Circuit des Ecuyers. A very small technical track, 2nd time i've been there. trackday started at 10.15 to 12 and 2pm to 6pm. Here's some of my laps...

In short:
brakes: good, lots of bite, plenty of endurance.
Handling: Very good, rear end likes to step out in fast turns
Tyres: Great, lots of feedback and grip. 2,1 bar hot seems to be the ticket.

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav
maybe, i'm trying to sell my golf mk2's first. But at some point the clio will have to go.

A few reason why i'm going to sell it:
-the car has never been good to me, i've always had stuff break and go wrong. Previous owners didn't take car of it...So i've put tons of cash in it.
-I've got to many cars, 4 at the moment, 5th one in december (getting a company car). + my BMW S1000R.
-I'm building a house so having some cash at hand is welcome.
-I'm not looking forward to driving it anymore, because of all the breakdowns...seems to be reliable the past couple of weeks though.

Jesus, I bet that Nova driver had to pit for new pants. And Wtf was that bmw driver doing slamming on the brakes like that?!?!

I have no idea, he had plenty of room. This was the so called fast group, and you encounter some very slow driven fast cars...Porsche GT3, Radical SR3, Donkervoort, Caterham, etc. In general there are always more fast cars then fast drivers on a trackday but this was just ridiculous. Why risk you car on track at speeds you can obtain on the public road?

Reactions: Sean197