Keyless entry help...

Well I would disconnect the battery for 30mins and reconnect to see if it makes a difference the car has not been in your possession that long so the electrical history of the car might not be know. The Renault clip is what you need so the function tests can be carried out and the vehicles vin numbers should be the same on the major components. It should be the optical sensors that has the problem but your saying pulling the drivers door handle with the key present there is not working as you said the passenger door unlocks with the handle and then below on one line you says it doesn't unlock with the handle if you have a second key card try that.

For a Laguna there was this "For reference, Keycard in, engine running press and hold lock button (red) until bleep confirmation toggles keyless entry on and off."

Just thought I'd add an update.

It's working again!
We haven't done anything to it and the wife popped out to pick one of the kids up and parked it up got out didn't lock it and when the daughter tried to get in the passenger side it locked so I assume she pressed the lock button as the car locked so the wife pulled the handle on the drivers door out of habit and it unlocked as it should!

We've checked it half a dozen times and other than the passenger side door needing 3 or 4 pulls it's seems to be working. Go figure........

I purchased my car about a couple of months ago now. Initially the car would unlock and the interior light would come on as soon as I put my hand between the door handle and the door itself. This seemed to coincide with the colder temperatures however it then wouldn't unlock until I pulled the handle and then had to pull the handle again to open the door. It still seems to be an intermittent issue so I might try and swap out the sensor when I get a chance.

I have to put my findings here and hopefully no one's in the same boat or they will kick themselves.

Never had an issue with my keyless entry for over a year of ownership. Works first time, every time.

Lately it's been temperamental, regardless if I try the boot or either door, just doesn't detect me lately. Won't open the doors and when I go to lock it the button does nothing.

Prepare for my solution here, you'll kick yourself if your the same.....

Check your wallet!.. yes that's right, your wallet!
I got a new wallet at Christmas, just a regular leather wallet BUT it states that it has RFID Theft Protection that can block signals to stop anyone intercepting the wireless/contactless on your cards etc. Well whatever is being used is definitely interfering with my key card cause I keep them both in the same pocket!

Swapped to different pockets the last few days and it's back to working 1st time every time. Couldn't believe when I finally twigged, felt like a f***information idiot. Maybe it was my certified ethical hacking course this week that got me thinking about it [emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
Other than the interior light coming on ours is the same with the two pills of the handle although since my last update it appears to be back to how it was :-(
I purchased my car about a couple of months ago now. Initially the car would unlock and the interior light would come on as soon as I put my hand between the door handle and the door itself. This seemed to coincide with the colder temperatures however it then wouldn't unlock until I pulled the handle and then had to pull the handle again to open the door. It still seems to be an intermittent issue so I might try and swap out the sensor when I get a chance.

I have to put my findings here and hopefully no one's in the same boat or they will kick themselves.

Never had an issue with my keyless entry for over a year of ownership. Works first time, every time.

Lately it's been temperamental, regardless if I try the boot or either door, just doesn't detect me lately. Won't open the doors and when I go to lock it the button does nothing.

Prepare for my solution here, you'll kick yourself if your the same.....

Check your wallet!.. yes that's right, your wallet!
I got a new wallet at Christmas, just a regular leather wallet BUT it states that it has RFID Theft Protection that can block signals to stop anyone intercepting the wireless/contactless on your cards etc. Well whatever is being used is definitely interfering with my key card cause I keep them both in the same pocket!

Swapped to different pockets the last few days and it's back to working 1st time every time. Couldn't believe when I finally twigged, felt like a f***information idiot. Maybe it was my certified ethical hacking course this week that got me thinking about it [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm so sorry but I couldn't help but laugh! That would of never crossed my mind although in our case ours is detecting a key as we can still press the button on the handle to lock and also unlock the boot and with a bizarre sequence unlock the passenger door added to that the key doesn't usually leave her hand bag!

Thanks for sharing though I'm sure it will be useful to others in the future.

Reactions: Roshi69