KW Coilovers & CompBrake Top Mounts

J90RDN

Paid Member
Is anyone running KW V3 coilovers with CompBrake adjustable top mounts? I want to run these but not sure they will fit and work together. It's for a track only car.
Thanks

I am interested in this also, from the little I have looked into it, it wont work, but would be good having a definitive answer.

Reactions: tombate911
As I said to you in a PM Jordan. I've got some tech docs on this and I'll have a look over the weekend, IIRC the damper shaft is a few mm wider on the kw's than the standard so the spring seat needs machining to be a few mm larger in the inner diameter, this can be catered for when purchasing new, especially any orders taken through my self. I'll post the answer in here over the weekend for you.

Reactions: J90RDN
Cheers mate. That would be fantastic.

The answer was as I thought.
They can be fitted but will require the underside of the spring seat to be counter bored to 22mm rather than 20mm, as the KW's run a slightly larger damper shaft.

I can have this done on a set if needed free of charge on a set as discussed.

Thanks.

will the top mounts sit ok with the machined metal cap on top of the springs on the kw's?

We have taken all the parts and developed a new mount for the purple cups to sit into making it a full solid top mount which works with the kw's now.
Lee is testing the product for us then it will be available only though myself at the moment. Any questions let me know.

Yes I'm in the process of supplying these to a number of forum members at the moment. If you have any questions drop me a message and I'll get information to you.
Thanks.
I was just talking with peter (belgian member) from the forum about the compbrakes:wink: and i am thinking off buying them :relieved:

Reactions: tombate911
Tom is it the diameter of the shaft through the top mount bearing that is different
Yes the diameter of the damper shaft is slightly larger and the spring seats require a smaller diameter to fit into the purple spring seat cups that they supply. All set ups can be accommodated though.

All easily sorted. there are the photos from @J90RDN car.

37691388821_d51070f7e5_b.jpg

Had a similar issue with the Impreza when using KW Clubsports and Whiteline max c topmounts so we machined top hat insert some to accommodate this. Could the KW top mounts not be used to alleviate the isssue in this case

Had a similar issue with the Impreza when using KW Clubsports and Whiteline max c topmounts so we machined top hat insert some to accommodate this. Could the KW top mounts not be used to alleviate the isssue in this case

Yes potentially they could be, however because I've never done it personally, I'm unsure how the progressive spring on the kw v3's would mount with the adjustable top mounts that come with the club sports.

When asked by previous customers we just set up a compbrake mount that would work for people who already had kw v3's and wanted an adjustable top mount solution that was reliable and wouldn't break the bank. We have that design set up and tested now. Another advantage is the compbrake mount can be used with Bilstein and OEM dampers and spring.