Leaky boot

I've got water pooling in my boot seaping through carpet and my back seats are soaked through. I noticed my rear window needs a replacement seal as that was shot at and my windscreen is getting replaced as that actually is a bad fit whoever did that last ( only noticed since the Watergate), the windscreen and back windows always always pi***d wet inside.
So I'm curious who else has experienced this and could let me know what's causing it, at least I'm tackling a seal issue and windscreen but since the water is at the back I don't think they're the cause.
Help appreciated. Oh ps the fooking heater doesn't work now either.
Grrrrrrrreat

What was wrong with the car when it did not start you never let us know was it water damage related?
Quite possibly you know. Didn't really think back to that. There's always an issue of sorts and spent money I didn't want to spend. Looking at trsding it in at summer. I'm not enjoying it anymore. I guess these cars and the age they're at will just require money throwing at them. My 172 was slightly less hassle lol

So how did you get the car to start again what had been wrong with it. I changed the manifold in mine and the starter heat shield shorted out on the supply to the starter and blew a fuse located behind the passenger headlight. It went through the motions of starting but the starter motor would not turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did you get the car to start again what had been wrong with it. I changed the manifold in mine and the starter heat shield shorted out on the supply to the starter and blew a fuse located behind the passenger headlight. It went through the motions of starting but the starter motor would not turn.

It was corrected thought diagnostics although they said they couldn't locate the fault. It's been fine though. It's had some gremlins lately.
It's had a service and mot done this year, pads and discs replaced. I'm going to keep it another few months and trade it in. Had a look the other day but Perrys offered me 2k for it. We fell out haha

This all depends if you have to space and tools/ ability to fix it but best way is to remove the carpets in the boot area and check under the back seat boot tool kit and roof lining and remember how the car sat pointing uphill down hill to figure out the flow of water.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-200-water-getting-into-boot.589382/

Check what the water was like is there screen additive in it the rear windscreen washer pipe might have frozen or disconnected and pumping water into the boot or the rubber boot joining the electrics to the boot. The roof strips although I have never removed them might have a bad seal under them and run down the posts into the boot. If the car has a sunroof the drain holes could be blocked and causing the problem.