Leather cleaner/conditioner

Chris

Bad cop
Want to get my seats looking really fresh and deep again.

Has anyone had any experience using a good combination? If so what do you recommend.

I have AG leather cleaner and find it 'ok' but looking for a better product(s).

Clean with pears soap recommended by the guys at Crewe (Bentley)

Funny you should say that. And makes sense.........

This is what Jack from Royal Steering wheels told me:

"PS.
Leather Cleaning:
We normally use gentle soap and damped cloth, soaked with plain water to look after my wheels So the leather keeps its new look for years and doesn't become shiny.

Do not over wet it!

Then wipe it with dry cloth. This should remove all sticky bits which I believe come from hand cream, sweet and other detergents.
I wouldn't use any other leather cleaners as this can only damage your leather."

:smile:
cleardot.gif

Reactions: Chris
Clean with pears soap recommended by the guys at Crewe (Bentley)

Same on the TT forum they highly recommend pears soap to clean the leather. Best results are obtained when the leather is warm as it obsorbs the products better. Either leave the Heater on full heat or use a hairdryer. Worked well on my TT leather seats and a good tip is a get a damp cloth hea it up in a microwave placed over creases helps stretch them out.

Paul

Dumb question of the Morning ! Wife is heading to ASDA later.....

Do i need to instruct her to get Pears original soap (Browny colour) - which im guessing from reading is the most natural and has the least amount of additives and oils), Pears Green (Adds more 'oils' ?), Pears Blue......or doesn't it matter. Although i think i've answered my own question !

If you Google using Pears on Leather - it mostly says Leather is like you skin and needs gently cleaning and the oils replacing. Gets mentioned alot and seems to be used by guys on various car forums :smile:

Dumb question of the Morning ! Wife is heading to ASDA later.....

Do i need to instruct her to get Pears original soap (Browny colour) - which im guessing from reading is the most natural and has the least amount of additives and oils), Pears Green (Adds more 'oils' ?), Pears Blue......or doesn't it matter. Although i think i've answered my own question !

If you Google using Pears on Leather - it mostly says Leather is like you skin and needs gently cleaning and the oils replacing. Gets mentioned alot and seems to be used by guys on various car forums :smile:
Just the std Brown one @sevenfourate

Car leather doesn't need feeding or conditioning. Just gently cleaning. You are effectively wasting money conditioning leather as the conditioners will sit on the leather and attract more dirt.

Car leather doesn't need feeding or conditioning. Just gently cleaning. You are effectively wasting money conditioning leather as the conditioners will sit on the leather and attract more dirt.
I like the logic behind that. I'll cancel my leather cleaner and get some Pears soap and give that a bash. Cheers

I like the logic behind that. I'll cancel my leather cleaner and get some Pears soap and give that a bash. Cheers

Leather like the leather you get in fancy shoes etc has pores that need cleaning and conditioning. Automotive leather isn't actually real leather :smile:

I use the AG leather cleaner @Chris, and then use the Leather Care Cream afterwards. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Thanks Lewis - I've used the AG leather cleaner before but not the care cream.

I used the pears this weekend and have to say am impressed with the results - lovely matt finish and feels soft. And very easy to use to get good results. And of course it's only 50p haha!

Reactions: lewisflintham