Leather Recaros

Hi guys,

I’m very tempted to go for a FF200 with all the trimmings, but after 10 years of being a hot Golf owner it could be a bit of a shock. A mate (Taylor Hawkins) has just got a lovely white 200 FF with cup & Speedlines and it does look sweet and it handles amazingly well. It’s even better built in the interior than my Mk5.

I like my toys & goodies so it would have to have Speedlines, Cup, Recaros however I’m not really taken with the yellow cloth colour scheme and worry about the issues with the bolster wear.

My questions are regarding the leather Recaro option...
1. How do these wear compared to cloth;
2. Do you have to stick with the black/grey leather option;
3. Are they fitted at the import centre or dealer (can you chose);
4. On the trimtechnik website it states you can add heated seats, has anyone had them fitted (any good)...

Sorry for the Numpty questions, but as a newbie I need to get all the info before I make any decisions.

Appreciate the feedback... Hotrod :smile:

£1175 .. I thought about it and then remembered how easy the leather in the 182 marked, VERY nice though.

If you're interested in leather you could check out the group buy in the Edge Automotive trader section. I think you need to be a paid member to view though.

Full trim for £750 :thumbsup:

Steve

Anyone experienced this??? FROM RSUK

My only issue with this particular seat (in addn to bolster wear on cloth trim) is that they come apart on the side of the backrest around the side airbag area. No end of twisting, pinching and pushing the trim puts it back in place for long. The same seats are fitted to Corsa VXR in leather and I get the same problem with those too. It's impossible to remedy cheaply. They look terrible with backrest seat cover hanging off.

P.s. JIM_RS those seats are awesome

Last edited:
looks really nice those leather but I'm going stick with my stardard recaros for now & there no worn atm.

The covers coming detached can be remedied mine was like this before I got them trimmed . I couldn't get them in myself but the retrimmers know how!