Longer wheel bolts

Looking at getting some eibach 16mm spacers which means i'll need longer wheel bolts.

Can anyone recommend some?

Cheers

Are they all as good as each other? Some people sell them for £1.50 each and some are £5 each!

Most aftermarket bolts sold on ebay or online are from one manufacturer so yes, for the most part they're the same.

Cheers Guys,

Does anyone know how long the thread is on the standard bolts? I know they're M14x1.5 just not sure on length

It dosnt indicate wheather they are hubcentric or not. They are quite dear for what they are not think lol.

spacers are very dear because of the machining tolerance. I was told maching of these has to be within 2/1000ths of an inch otherwise they are scrap metal. the machines that make them are mega ££££

maybe its not true . . . . but thats what im told

I sold these exact spacers as imo it ruined the handling of the car. I ran the car for 12 months on H&R coilovers, and knew every way the car responded (awesome). Fitted these spacers along with longer bolts, what a mistake! Made the car very twitchy/nervous under braking. Seemed to make the car lurch, lost all confidence in it. I kept them for about 6 days and sold them on. If you drive the car for as it was made (B road hacking) steer clear imo.

It dosnt indicate wheather they are hubcentric or not. They are quite dear for what they are not think lol.

It says they're 'system 2' which means they're hubcentric. And yea I think they're mega money, it doesn't take long at all to knock some up with a decent lathe and a mill

I sold these exact spacers as imo it ruined the handling of the car. I ran the car for 12 months on H&R coilovers, and knew every way the car responded (awesome). Fitted these spacers along with longer bolts, what a mistake! Made the car very twitchy/nervous under braking. Seemed to make the car lurch, lost all confidence in it. I kept them for about 6 days and sold them on. If you drive the car for as it was made (B road hacking) steer clear imo.

Interesting Gaz, have never heard anyone else say this. You would assume that the extra track would improve things. Maybe it's the added sprung weight that ruined it for you?

Nope nothing to do with weight. There's more to it than just increasing width. All of the suspension geo will now be out of its designed parameters, ie all the droplinks, wheel offset etc. If there was a good increase in handling performance, Renault would have increased it on the 200 (like they did on the 172 Cup over the standard 172) They didnt. There are a few guys i know who've had them and sold them on with the same thoughts as me. You pays your monies, you take your choice i suppose! Big waste of money for me. Its more of a 'slow and low' VW thing imo, hence why jase ran 25mm :wink:

Yea I guess that makes sense, not even a geometry setup is going to sort all those problems.

Might leave this idea for a while and have a rethink

Lmao id like to see some made on a lathe ........

Ex workmate offered to make me some just before I left, had a multi million pound workshop available and said it would be no problem as long as I gave him the dimensions. Unfortunately his misses gave birth 2 weeks before I left so he never got the chance to make them for me

Lmao id like to see some made on a lathe ........

You should know about a subject before you post on the matter and 'bash' things with little or no reason. It's easy to hand machine a spacer to very tight tolerances if the operator is half decent. How do I know? I've done several sets and know plenty of machine shops who create bespoke spacers and items similar for race use.