Lowering Problem

Hi
i just took my car to my local garge who we are good friends with and after a quick inspection and advice from a car modifier company, they where told these special blocks are needed to be added to stop the wheel toching the arch and folding the hwheel under the car, which could flip it!
just thought id let people know as ive never heard this before
thanks tom

What special blocks?

Numerous members have lowered their Clios on a combination of springs or coilovers and so far I've not read of any that have flipped.

What special blocks?

Numerous members have lowered their Clios on a combination of springs or coilovers and so far I've not read of any that have flipped.

they said if you at high speed and turn hard the inside of the wheel catches and can flip the wheel over its self, better be safe than sorry :smiley:

The wheel will only catch on the arch if you lower it on its ar$e?

How low do you wanna go?

What special blocks?

there's few members that have flipped but not in there cars! try another garage mate,they don't no what there talking about

Never heard of that ever... My car is low enough to catch the arch on some occasions and I go round corners pretty damn quick and nothings happened to me?

Surely that is impossible, wheel catching on plastic isn't going to flip a car weighing over a tonne no matter the speed or turn-in force.

Did they also try to sell you a can of tartan paint and a long stand!? :wink:

IF <(NOTE: big if) the wheel were to catch on something inside the smooth arch, pretty sure it would just rip off whatever is caught on. Think it would take a pretty heavy and solid object to stop a spinning wheel and flip a car. Think they're tryin to put the ****ters up you. Cant see why, but it doesnt sound like the best line to get someones business.

Where the hell did you take your car!?! Coco The Clown & Sons!?!

Mine's been lowered for about 5 months now on H&R Springs and there is no form of blocks or otherwise on the springs or elsewhere. In this time I've done a trackday and some serious driving around Wales plus the usual shopping runs and blasting about at the weekends and, surprise surprise, I've not died and I've not ended up upside down in a hedge. Maybe they looked at the front hubs and their ar$e fell out because they're not a basic suspension setup. :smiley: