LY 200 noob

AB655DE6-B3E0-4DB2-9138-D931D453E766.png 6D6C059F-80B9-47AD-95EA-9C0C5BA0DE54.png 60150E72-C432-4506-83DF-2B7F7E124C4B.png after a few months of lurking, thought I had better introduce myself! My names Jimmy and I’m based in Norfolk. Previously had a 182 loved it and had it a while, after a few boring cars I went back to a CLIO and had a CLIO 200 cup. I enjoyed it but was it rough around the edges and really bought it because it was cheap, so after a while got rid of it and followed the hot hatch hype and got a fiesta st, ended up putting a mountune kit on it and other bits but I just couldn’t get on with it. No idea why but I just didn’t enjoy it, which is the whole point of a hot hatch so it had to be another Clio. After a little searching I finially found a low mileage LY 200 with cup suspension so that was that. Owned it for about 6 months and I love it. Plans for the car are the usual, love to get some Recaro’s and am currently torn between Akrapovic exhaust or a k-tech pack of exhaust, air box and remap!

Welcome to the forum!
I’d personally go for the Akrapovic as the KTEC can be quite loud. The air filter is a good mod, it sounds great if you want some induction noise. A remap is also a must after you’ve added all your mods, and your nearest is most likely going to be Engine Dynamics.

Looks fantastic, great colour too. You may want to consider looking at Corbeau Clubsports if wanting to go for a Motorsport seat unless you wish to stay OEM.

Thanks All :blush: I am in Kings Lynn Chris, not too far, hoping to come to a meet when possible! Yeah I have read, watched videos on YouTube (everything short of hearing one in person) and I know an Akra is what I want really. I've just changed the cambelt, water pump and other boring essential stuff so once the car fund has recovered I will prob go ahead.......maybe an early Xmas present :smirk: Thanks Adam i will check those out. Bloody car is going to cost me a small fortune ha

Thanks All :blush: I am in Kings Lynn Chris, not too far, hoping to come to a meet when possible! Yeah I have read, watched videos on YouTube (everything short of hearing one in person) and I know an Akra is what I want really. I've just changed the cambelt, water pump and other boring essential stuff so once the car fund has recovered I will prob go ahead.......maybe an early Xmas present :smirk: Thanks Adam i will check those out. Bloody car is going to cost me a small fortune ha

Akra is a must! Sounds the nuts!

I live in Bury St Edmunds, but regularly around Holbeach/Sutton Bridge at weekends with family and girlfriend, will have to keep an eye out for you :wink:

Been doing some research on exhausts recently myself, and the Akra would win it for me! Still strange by the little disclaimer on the site saying it doesn’t meet emission compliance for road / highway use... I’m guessing this isn’t a biggy to be concerned about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Bury St Edmunds, but regularly around Holbeach/Sutton Bridge at weekends with family and girlfriend, will have to keep an eye out for you :wink:

Been doing some research on exhausts recently myself, and the Akra would win it for me! Still strange by the little disclaimer on the site saying it doesn’t meet emission compliance for road / highway use... I’m guessing this isn’t a biggy to be concerned about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get a mani back system which removes the 2nd cat so it'll have an effect. Easier for them to say it doesn't comply than someone argue they fitted it and it failed

Reactions: RossWoods93
You can get a mani back system which removes the 2nd cat so it'll have an effect. Easier for them to say it doesn't comply than someone argue they fitted it and it failed

Thought there would be a ‘covering their arses’ reasoning behind it!

Reactions: Beany