LY colour opinions

Guys,

I have been looking at LY clio 200's the cars is in perfect condition with cup extras spoiler etc and am curious about resale further down the line whats everyones opinions ?

Don't buy it to sell on later down the line, buy it to enjoy it...

LY is a great colour but ANY mark on it could potentially lead to a partial or full respray, it's a nightmare of a paint code to match..

Reactions: ///M
What are you thinking? You get more for the car if it's LY? I own a LY but I would honestly have any colour scheme in the RS paint chart. I have no personal experience of how hard LY is to match, wether it just scaremongering or the truth I'm not sure. I would be more concerned if you could personally live with LY as its in your face all the time but looks so good.

There’s few colours I’d change mine for.

It’s generally a more in demand colour as it was an expensive paint option.

Not sure I would agree with you Chris. I'm quite sure prospective 197/200 owners would be more interested in condition/history than colour. It certainly wasn't the top of my list.

Not sure I would agree with you Chris. I'm quite sure prospective 197/200 owners would be more interested in condition/history than colour. It certainly wasn't the top of my list.

If it were a choice between a flatter colour and LY on the same spec and mileage, what would you pick?

See your point though, but the OP is asking about resale prospects, and LY is going to be a more popular colour than some others. But Like you said, the RS range of colours is pretty good tbh, there isn't a bad one.

I have a 182 Cup in Racing Blue which still looks great after 13 years. LY vs RB hard choice mate.

I have a 182 Cup in Racing Blue which still looks great after 13 years. LY vs RB hard choice mate.

Very true!

Not in my case for the MK4s though :grinning:

Not sure it'd suit the MK4 though - think the only colour id change mine for is Stealth grey - from the raiders!

I’ve always said I wanted mine in white, but at the time my LY was 3 years old on 8,000 miles and mint condition, so I couldn’t turn it down! So I chose condition over colour, just so happened to be a LY!

During this ownership I love the colour a lot more than when I first bought it, certainly turns head but due to concerns already mentioned in the thread I’m always careful where I park it in the event of having to respray it etc!

In terms of resale I’m not overly sure how much of a difference LY colour will make... Recaro’s appear to hold their value in just the seat themselves, so if you’re buying from a resale perspective, I’d say they’re a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy and LOCKE
Think you made the correct decision on the MK4.

Yeah. Still can't believe 4 years on theres still no blue option.

I mean wheres all the colours gone that Renaultsport has under its belt??

Racing, albi, petrol blue.
Inferno red
Acid yellow, alien green
Storm grey ffs!

Yeah. Still can't believe 4 years on theres still no blue option.

I mean wheres all the colours gone that Renaultsport has under its belt??

Racing, albi, petrol blue.
Inferno red
Acid yellow, alien green
Storm grey ffs!
Storm Grey another understated and great colour.

Reactions: Chris
I love the ly truth be told! It's a great colour and I'd have no issues buying one! Quite sought after from what I can see but for me condition is more important than colour tbh!

is it more in demand- personally i dont like yellow cars- i looked for red or blue- of course i am happy now and ended up with black, but it was the condition and history which is what i looked for. in fact i was ok with any colour but yellow.

also by your argument if you think its worth more then you will also be paying more to buy it in the first place.

my 2cent

It's my favourite colour & is definitely in demand. I so wanted one, but ended up buying a white one which is my least favourite colour. Condition & spec more important to me.

Bold colours will always split opinion, especially yellows, however I think Renault really hit the nail on the head with LY - it is such a superb colour, and that is why I believe it may attract a slight premium over others. It stands out, but for the right reasons IMO.

Condition and spec where very important for me when buying the 200. I’d say UR was about 4th or 5th on my list but due to condition and knowing the car very well I had to go for it. Having already owned a LY R27 for over 4 years I didn’t mind going to something I bit less lairy lol.

I can’t emphasise enough buying one of these cars on condition, buy the best you can afford and check it out thoroughly before making the purchase as if they are neglected for even a short space of time the repairs required can get into scary money (for a hatch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk