LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

yeah exactly, I think all things considered (roll centre, bump steer, wishbone angles, damper travel, and just using it on the road!) it's probably an optimal ride height.
Anyway less talk from me and more action today.......:track:
Charging the action cam now so might see about a quick vid!

Reactions: sevenfourate
yeah exactly, I think all things considered (roll centre, bump steer, wishbone angles, damper travel, and just using it on the road!) it's probably an optimal ride height.
Anyway less talk from me and more action today.......:track:
Charging the action cam now so might see about a quick vid!

Ready and waiting Rich !

PLEASE get it done. This car in action never fails to make me smile.

Have a good weekend bud :smile:

Impressive Rich. CHEERS :smile:

The pull from 120 is still strong as hell. And sounding oh so sweet.

Hows the suspension fair-up on your ride-out ! No knocks ? xxxxx

(Their fingers crossed - not kisses) :smile:

yeah all good thanks, mind I was concentrating on other things! But certainly nothing beyond what I wouldn't expect from stiffer suspension and solid top mounts now. However the alignment is horrible, very skittish!

yeah it's quite quick now, hadn't realised just how quick the speedo moves until I watched that back!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Great video rich pulls so well.
There is something about noise that an N/A makes.
What's next just enjoy it for a bit or have you got more plans for engine work?

Pez

Reactions: TB Rich
Thanks and oh yes always more plans for engine work! I'm not convinced it needs it anymore mind, I'm pleased with how it goes - but it's like a drug this tuning!
Anyway on the cheap and easy side of things I will now be able to turn my attention to the spare inlet manifold and 64mm TB situation, and if I use the BMW one or grab a stock one but ported etc.

But after that it's bigger cams and I will for sure need to upgrade the fuel system, been planning various permutations and I think I'm settled on:
  • Clio IV X98 Cup Racer/R3T sender (inc fuel pump, pressure reg), will need to check resistance on level switch and swap to stock if required.
  • Clio III X85 Cup Racer Fuel rail
  • Stock Injectors
  • Radium Fuel Pressure Damper
  • -6 hose
This will be a returnless system as before, run around 4.5-5bar (varies depending which bloody document you look at for the IV pump setup) and have an upgraded higher flow pump. The FPD will smooth oscillations in the system and keep a more stable rail pressure, a lot of oems do these as stock in returnless setups.
I've considered a variety of pumps/regs/injectors on a returnless, as well as looking at a return style with modified stock sender, and a return style with surge tank and 044 pump.
Anyhow I think with all factors considered then what I'm planing is the way to go.

For the cams I'm thinking 404's & keeping VVT. I literally can't fault the delivery of the power now, however the gearing is such that I could easily sacrifice some low down where I am never driving it - to have a healthier top end. I don't want to go too wild or it'll make it peaky, and 405's are likely to give a peak power that could be north of where I want to limit based on hydraulic lifters.
I spoke to Cat Cams a while back about the non-VVT cams they do as I thought that was the route I'd go, and roughly speaking they were setup so that peak power should be around 500rpm different between each profile on the same engine. They also said the non-VVT cams (432/433/431/434) were all basically the same as their VVT counter parts (403/404/405/406), but just running a bit more overlap for a bit more peak power. If I apply some logic to this, then as my 403's are peaking at ~7-7.2k, then 404's in my opinion have to be the sweet spot on this car now giving a peak at an estimated ~7.5-7.7k.
There's a decent enough gain (mostly on the exhaust cam) going to 404's, so it should see a reasonable gain in power I hope -and keeping VVT will allow the best optimisation of them and should ensure we can keep the mega midrange it has now. Ultimately the VVT on the mk3 is basically reliable so no need to junk it, and my ECU has full control so best to utilise it.

Mes, yeah I love the brakes still! Aesthetically one of my fav things, it's all about the gold!

Hmmmm, ever get that sense of Deja Vu?

IMG_20170508_195110-meme.jpg

But up until the big end decided to introduce himself personally, jesus christ the car was truly truly epic until that point!

Variety of plans hatching at the moment. But we'll see what the damage is when I can get the engine out, I think it's an oil pump failure but we'll see.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0