Madeno bilstein bmr16 thoughts?

Hey all an ex member from here is selling is madeno clubsport stage 1 setup, not found much on here about this kit its quite expensive new what is the general opinion of them here love to know more - thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on and they are a great price as they are hardly used, buy them imo! I would have were it not the worst possible timing and I also bought stock b14's over winter :\ I spoke to Leo at Madeno ages ago and the guy really knows his stuff, also @John Gordon has a set of Madeno's I think - I don't think Clubsports but try and get his opinion on his setup. My plan is/was to run B14's for a bit and then send them to Madeno for the Clubsport upgrade.

They're supplied with dyno charts so if you can grab a copy and post um up.

Reactions: kevlar
Spot on and they are a great price as they are hardly used, buy them imo! I would have were it not the worst possible timing and I also bought stock b14's over winter :\ I spoke to Leo at Madeno ages ago and the guy really knows his stuff, also @John Gordon has a set of Madeno's I think - I don't think Clubsports but try and get his opinion on his setup. My plan is/was to run B14's for a bit and then send them to Madeno for the Clubsport upgrade.

Thanks for the reply - regards rebuilding them any idea how long they should go before a rebuilds required?

Hey all an ex member from here is selling is madeno clubsport stage 1 setup, not found much on here about this kit its quite expensive new what is the general opinion of them here love to know more - thanks.

They are expensive, so be sure they are built to the spec you require for the type of use you intend id say.

I have asts on a track Clio which are good, I also have kws on a road Clio, which for the road are much better than asts, probably half the price!

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Hes sent across this morning

37fb050f7825a54bc8272d9d2a7ab064.jpg

93d25be8550d36b805de371133b9da06.jpg

They are expensive, so be sure they are built to the spec you require for the type of use you intend id say.

I have asts on a track Clio which are good, I also have kws on a road Clio, which for the road are much better than asts, probably half the price!

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Thanks for the reply my car is a road car i want to push it close to a track setup as i can, without ruining the car if that makes sense? I have no intention of tracking my little beuty [emoji23]. I know the kit is well respected and never looked into their kit due to prices - guy selling these also has experience of ast and said ast are good but this kit is next level as you would expect

Thanks for the reply my car is a road car i want to push it close to a track setup as i can, without ruining the car if that makes sense? I have no intention of tracking my little beuty [emoji23]. I know the kit is well respected and never looked into their kit due to prices - guy selling these also has experience of ast and said ast are good but this kit is next level as you would expect

Yea highly probable! Get what you pay for really. I can imagine the adjustment is great and they are perfectly setup :smile:.

If the spring rates are around 100Nm fr to 130/140 r you are in for a pretty serious setup for track. I currently have 100 fr and r, and just ordered new springs for the back from Curtis.

That was my reason for getting asts! They are only up in Cheltenham

Thats why i was thinking ast as they are close to home - few mixed reviews on curt and customer service i was looking buying 2nd hand though now and these came up which has prompted my questions about them!

Look decent those curves from my understanding - fairly digressive and there are proportional increases through the settings. Looks well balance the bump to rebound so shouldn't get any ill effects like jacking down (or up), and with decent increases in the low speed too.
If you're not heading for a track though......you could just buy B14's! I was apprehensive (mostly because they are cheap basically!) and because I do track it, however I'm very pleased with them. Only used once on track so far but the composure and balance is spot on - and of course you can road use it all day every day! Now I would upgrade to a kit like this, given it has a dyno provable sheet etc - but that is so I can retain road usage and have a proven stiffer setup on track. But only stiffer so I can run a little more camber with a tyre like a DZ03G - neither of those 2 things you'll do for a car that never hits the track.

Anyone looking for track use though, I don't think you'll beat this kit for the money.

I guess you are local enough. Welcome to come out mate.

If it was me I'd be trying to spend £1000 ish second hand to try them, that way they are affordable enough sell quickly again if you find you need something better..

I bought standard 5100s and to be honest it will be a while before il need to spend 3k on suspension [emoji23]. They are so much better than the likes of spax that I've had before!

I guess you are local enough. Welcome to come out mate.

If it was me I'd be trying to spend £1000 ish second hand to try them, that way they are affordable enough sell quickly again if you find you need something better..

I bought standard 5100s and to be honest it will be a while before il need to spend 3k on suspension [emoji23]. They are so much better than the likes of spax that I've had before!

Thanks for the offer, my cars a road car, but rarely comes out to play to be honest so it can be fairly hardcore for me thats not an issue.

Would be intersted to see yours for sure, price wise I dont think i could get them for 1k - would be nice though!.

See attached he sent me regards sprint rates.

19074557_10158761881845612_423331855_o.jpg

61N/mm Front, 70N/mm Rear. Not going to want stiffer than that for a car that never see's the track. Seems a bit sledge hammer to crack a wallnut here if I'm honest. All very well saying you can put up with 'fairly hardcore', but suspension for the road is very different to suspension for the track, why put up with anything - you'll just end up making your car shit. Suspension is designed to keep the tyre in contact with the road, wind the spring and damping rates up and you'll just lose compliance and make it skip about when you hit the bumps.

61N/mm Front, 70N/mm Rear. Not going to want stiffer than that for a car that never see's the track. Seems a bit sledge hammer to crack a wallnut here if I'm honest. All very well saying you can put up with 'fairly hardcore', but suspension for the road is very different to suspension for the track, why put up with anything - you'll just end up making your car shit. Suspension is designed to keep the tyre in contact with the road, wind the spring and damping rates up and you'll just lose compliance and make it skip about when you hit the bumps.

What's the standard b14s? That seems soft to me.

Ha ha an honest reply! Nearly all my mods are sledgehammer...i have a roll cage, harness, upgraded pads etc all not really needed, but its my toy! Its not a daily. It has cup suspension which is all good however show that some bumps and it goes to shit quickly [emoji23].

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've been running a Madeno setup for about a year now. Really been happy with the kit. It's not too bad on the road, firm but not crashy. Great on track. My rates were chosen to be compliant on the Ring, which is quite bumpy so the setup translates well on the road.

Reactions: TB Rich and kevlar
What's the standard b14s? That seems soft to me.
No idea on b14's, probably never will! Madeno make a point of advertising linear rates in their upgrades though, so standard must be progressive, probably!
B14's aint half bad tbh, and for the money....the only 'bargain' I have fitted on my car! lol

Well I just looked up the ERS part codes to get those rates - but as the kit was used hillclimbing it will be softer than circuit, it should translate to about the perfect setup Kevlar is looking for though.

Ha ha an honest reply! Nearly all my mods are sledgehammer...i have a roll cage, harness, upgraded pads etc all not really needed, but its my toy! Its not a daily. It has cup suspension which is all good however show that some bumps and it goes to shit quickly [emoji23].

Fair enough :smiley: just didn't want you to fall into the trap of putting something crazy on the car and making it dreadful to actually use. Yeah Cup stuff is pretty bad on the bumps I thought......more spring rate and damping again is only going to do one thing though :wink:

The Madeno kit looks like a great set up, I just would struggle to pay the £2k that the seller is asking and I don't realise that's a bargain compared to what he paid.

I see a few guys in here are running B14, are they fine for occasional track use? The car isn't my daily and will cover sub 4,000 miles per year. At the moment I'm torn between the B14 kit or the GAZ gold kit.

The Madeno kit looks like a great set up, I just would struggle to pay the £2k that the seller is asking and I don't realise that's a bargain compared to what he paid.

I see a few guys in here are running B14, are they fine for occasional track use? The car isn't my daily and will cover sub 4,000 miles per year. At the moment I'm torn between the B14 kit or the GAZ gold kit.

Yeh 2k is above my budget seller knows that already, im thinking about the kit though i came here to find out more and indeed I have found out plenty - sadly I dont think anyones going to pay 2k for it.

Yeh 2k is above my budget seller knows that already, im thinking about the kit though i came here to find out more and indeed I have found out plenty - sadly I dont think anyones going to pay 2k for it.

It's extremely niche. It would have to be much less than that, around £800 for me to consider it. I know he will never come down that low but that's what it would need to be for me lol. Lovely piece of kit though all the same.