Manchester MEN attack

Why were "Team America" "occupying" other countries then?
Don't know mate. But if any other country decided to "occupy" Britain with their armed forces... well can you imagine it:tearsofjoy:
To the bitter end comes to mind

We are lead to believe it was to destroy terrorism. Did it work?
would never work- all it does is create a new generation of haters.

also it never works when one does no know the facts- in the terrorist world a the terrorists family get rewarded with a lifetime of monthly income , so the terrorist has the comfort that his family is looked after----and guess where this money comes from????? oh yes the west IT COMES FROM YOU AND ME, THE TAX PAYERS ....

Don't know mate. But if any other country decided to "occupy" Britain with their armed forces... well can you imagine it:tearsofjoy:
To the bitter end comes to mind

This, exactly this mate. Were these people over here bombing us before we decided to wade into their country and "sort shit out" for them? It's a double edged sword really. Let's be totally clear though, the toff twunts who decide how we in the UK live, behave, spend our money, are perceived etc. etc. are not innocent here.

Look at the march for the involvement in Iraq years ago. More than two million British people went and stood in the centre of London and made it quite clear that they didn't want to be involved. Did it stop us doing it?

Now we can all have our own opinions about if it's right or wrong for us and America to get involved in the business of other nations, but to me, our government should have our safety and well-being as their top priority. To me, it's clear they don't.

Can you imagine?

"Hi guys, we're going to go over to a country you've never been to and get involved in their business. We might need to kill some of them. Actually, we might need to kill a lot of them, many of them innocent. But it's ok they're already doing it to themselves anyway so we're just going to do it harder. By the way, we'll need to spend billions of your hard earned to do it and any one who flees from it, we'll let them come here and you can pay for that too. We'll probably (certainly) need to bump up the price of everything considerably and raise taxation by an extra third to cover it. That all sounds ok right?"

Us: "F**K NO!!!"

"Cheers, we'll keep you posted how it all goes via our usual propaganda channels..."

It's plain ridiculous.

"The War on Terror" jesus, can't you see conflict of interests there? You don't solve war with war. It's like we only just stopped dragging our knuckles along the ground a few weeks ago. Surely we're more developed than this?

Reactions: Beany
Well whilst UK forces were deployed, how many terrorist acts occurred vs since the end of combat operations?

If you're going to propose that terrorists are only here because of conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, you're about as delusional as the people blowing themselves up.

Well whilst UK forces were deployed, how many terrorist acts occurred vs since the end of combat operations?

If you're going to propose that terrorists are only here because of conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, you're about as delusional as the people blowing themselves up.

Mate, I know this is a massively sensitive issue for you, but for me, the bottom line is, it wouldn't be as bad as it is now (and it wasn't before) if we didn't involve ourselves in the first place. Wasn't for one minute suggesting there would be no terrorism here if we weren't involved, of course that would be daft, but it's certainly worse now we are.

This, exactly this mate. Were these people over here bombing us before we decided to wade into their country and "sort shit out" for them? It's a double edged sword really. Let's be totally clear though, the toff twunts who decide how we in the UK live, behave, spend our money, are perceived etc. etc. are not innocent here.

Look at the march for the involvement in Iraq years ago. More than two million British people went and stood in the centre of London and made it quite clear that they didn't want to be involved. Did it stop us doing it?

Now we can all have our own opinions about if it's right or wrong for us and America to get involved in the business of other nations, but to me, our government should have our safety and well-being as their top priority. To me, it's clear they don't.

Can you imagine?

"Hi guys, we're going to go over to a country you've never been to and get involved in their business. We might need to kill some of them. Actually, we might need to kill a lot of them, many of them innocent. But it's ok they're already doing it to themselves anyway so we're just going to do it harder. By the way, we'll need to spend billions of your hard earned to do it and any one who flees from it, we'll let them come here and you can pay for that too. We'll probably (certainly) need to bump up the price of everything considerably and raise taxation by an extra third to cover it. That all sounds ok right?"

Us: "F**K NO!!!"

"Cheers, we'll keep you posted how it all goes via our usual propaganda channels..."

It's plain ridiculous.

"The War on Terror" jesus, can't you see conflict of interests there? You don't solve war with war. It's like we only just stopped dragging our knuckles along the ground a few weeks ago. Surely we're more developed than this?

I don't pretend to know much about politics, politicians, the government etc - (call it naivety, or lack of interest..), but when I read comments like this, it really does get me thinking how deep these decisions go: i.e. who is gaining what by making the choice to go to war? Who really profits from it, despite the backlash that the innocent population have to deal with?

It reminds me of that image of Bush when he was told about the 9/11 attacks - the fact he had that blank, expressionless look on his face, almost as if he was expecting it. I realise a lot of that comes from conspiracy theories and all the BS that goes along with that, but it's food for thought....

Last edited:
Reactions: ///M
If we as a nation didnt interfere with other nations like we have done throughout the centuries then we wouldn't have made ourselves a target like we are now.

That's a simplified version I know

Gents if you think for two seconds that if we weren't involved in conflicts around the globe we'd somehow be left alone in a lovely little bubble think again.

These types of people have no will to reason, no moral code of any sort and simply want to see everyone last one of us dead or in slavery.

Does anybody have an alternative solution to violence? I ask that as a genuine question because all I see are people with hashtags and thoughts & prayers each time this happens.

I don't pretend to know much about politics, politicians, the government etc - (call it naivety, or lack of interest..), but when I read comments like this, it really does get me thinking how deep these decisions go: i.e. who is gaining what by making the choice to go to war? Who really profits from it, despite the backlash that the innocent population have to deal with?

It reminds me of that imagine of Bush when he was told about the 9/11 attacks - the fact he had that blank, expressionless look on his face, almost as if he was expecting it. I realise a lot of that comes from conspiracy theories and all the BS that goes along with that, but it's food for thought....

Not all the conspiracy theories are bollocks if you ask me mate. Most are for sure, but not all.

Gents if you think for two seconds that if we weren't involved in conflicts around the globe we'd somehow be left alone in a lovely little bubble think again.

These types of people have no will to reason, no moral code of any sort and simply want to see everyone last one of us dead or in slavery.

Does anybody have an alternative solution to violence? I ask that as a genuine question because all I see are people with hashtags and thoughts & prayers each time this happens.

Very simply, an alternative solution to violence is not being violent in the first place.

If you're in a pub and two blokes are fighting about something you don't know anything about and you wade in defending one guy and give the other guy a slap, you can't really be surprised when the other guy's mates turn up and give you a kicking.

Again, I'm not at all naive enough to think that if we weren't involved in (let's be honest here) other people's conflicts that we wouldn't ever have any trouble to deal with at home. That would be daft. But what we can, and are doing, is making it a lot lot worse in my opinion.

Very simply, an alternative solution to violence is not being violent in the first place.

If you're in a pub and two blokes are fighting about something you don't know anything about and you wade in defending one guy and give the other guy a slap, you can't really be surprised when the other guy's mates turn up and give you a kicking.

Again, I'm not at all naive enough to think that if we weren't involved in (let's be honest here) other people's conflicts that we wouldn't ever have any trouble to deal with at home. That would be daft. But what we can, and are doing, is making it a lot lot worse in my opinion.

We could probably argue it each way all day so I will leave my comments there. :smile:

P.s I'm right you're wrong :tongueout:

as most of you know I come from the Czech Republic..the Eastern block as people used to/refer to us,didnt really get involved in occupying/trying to help (what ever you call it) other countries as much as the USA,UK France etc and there has not been a single attack..theres something about this fact..but again,what can common joes like us can do..??its all down to our governments at the end of the day...
hope this thread wont go somewhere where people start feeling uncomfortable guys..my initial point was to send our thoughts to all the affected families by the Manchester attack...

many thanks for all your contributions