Megane discs

Thats where i saw the discs to and the links i added to my first post! - seems RPD are slightly cheaper and Kam Skills also.

Im just open to discussing what others have used etc, I like to learn from other people expensive mistakes!

Totally agree, I've done quite a few trackdays (not in the Clio yet) and I've always used a good solid disc (I have tried drilled and I have tried grooved) and always felt solids were best and have never had a problem, this is with quite track orientated pads.

So for more fast Road they'd be fine.
Maybe standard discs with something like DS1.11 pads on front, OEM rear pads and pocket the change (or blow it on more car part as we all do haha :smiley: )

Reactions: kevlar
I posted about this back at xmas, I emailed them about fitting as they are not a million miles away from me and to say they were not overly helpful would be stretching it!.

Seems some people here favour them over the Reyland which was why I asked @Gordini why he went reyland over Godspeed
1) Unbeatable customer service, they go out of their way to help (speak to Martin or Tony); 2) They have a great history in terms of Ford tuning.

I suspect people prefer the Godspeed stuff because it's cheaper.

1) Unbeatable customer service, they go out of their way to help (speak to Martin or Tony); 2) They have a great history in terms of Ford tuning.

I suspect people prefer the Godspeed stuff because it's cheaper.

In searching I see they are big on the ford scene not sure they are cheaper though - when you getting them fitted?

In searching I see they are big on the ford scene not sure they are cheaper though - when you getting them fitted?
Was supposed to be this week but my mechanic (formerly of R-Sport) has gone AWOL. I suspect in the next couple of weeks. Another reason I went with Reyland was that they were the only ones who could be bothered to develop a unique kit for me. I didn't want 330mm and PF didn't seem to want to offer the bell for the Clio together with a Megane rotor.

Was supposed to be this week but my mechanic (formerly of R-Sport) has gone AWOL. I suspect in the next couple of weeks. Another reason I went with Reyland was that they were the only ones who could be bothered to develop a unique kit for me. I didn't want 330mm and PF didn't seem to want to offer the bell for the Clio together with a Megane rotor.

Yeh fairplay to them its something I look for when spending money that I get a good customer service when spending money on cars its expensive and i expect a good service in return for my hard earned cash - Nice to hear some good feedback for them.

To ensure maximum heat dissipation from the disk ensure they have curved internal vanes, the reyland set we killed were straight vane, the Godspeed were curved ! The reyland we had were J hook which created some strange noises there was also a groove around the centre of the disk where the j hooks didn't overlap ! Out of the two sets the Godspeed have taken more abuse.

Yes the
To ensure maximum heat dissipation from the disk ensure they have curved internal vanes, the reyland set we killed were straight vane, the Godspeed were curved ! The reyland we had were J hook which created some strange noises there was also a groove around the centre of the disk where the j hooks didn't overlap ! Out of the two sets the Godspeed have taken more abuse.
J hooks can develop some grooves but I'm told it doesn't affect performance. That's the reason i went for grooved though

We went grooved on the Godspeed

With the reyland it just looked as if the centre of the disk couldn't get rid of the heat. Chris sent the info to Martin as they hadn't done much work and we didn't get a positive outcome hence the godspeeds

The corrosion on those looks no different to the standard disks we took off. They do look as if they havnt been used regularly. I'm no metallurgist but I thought the better the quality material used in the casting meant it corroded more quickly, maybe someone can clarify. As for warped disks in my experience these usually turn out to be pad deposits. Also I thought Ian offered a warranty against warped disks. I'd use their disks again.

I remember a lot of complaints about Godspeeds customer service (or lack of it) many years ago, the above link is to info that is 13 years old.

The only experience we have with them is one set of disks and bells which we found to outlast the previous Reylands. As I said we would use them again.

If Chris hadn't have insisted on the slightly larger disk I think I would have suggested an AP standard size 2 piece set up.

I only contacted them about supplying discs then about fitting them and the reply I got was that in short they would be doing me a favour if they fitted them the message clearly was to me we dont want to bother fitting. Above link was one example I found appreciate its an old link - regardless my opinion is that 1 or 2 people will always have issues with a company most people are happy with the service etc, just my initial contact with Ian directly put me off dealing with them.

Agreed - you will always find bad news if you search for it

I find the MLR and FRSOC are always good places to start reading as they have large followings