Megane to Clio!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by NickW, Apr 5, 2018.

1. NickW

NickW Paid Member

Clio 200
    Hi guys. Been about 9 months since I sold my 200. Loved it to pieces but when I drove a 265, I knew I had to get one.
    Picked up a lovely 2012 model in white with cup chassis and it’s quite an astonishing car.
    However, my sensible gene has kicked in and as it’s a second car and not really used that much, I’ve decided to sell up. I’m going to buy something cheaper and use the rest to make sure I’m debt free so I can start saving for a house deposit. Boring I know!
    I was looking for a while at Focus St’s, but they handle so bad in comparison and really didn’t float my boat. Just no where near sharp enough.
    I then looked at R26’s and although I know they are meant to be amazing to drive, I couldn’t get passed the interior, just didn’t find it a nice place to be.
    Bizarrely, I happened to be in contact with the fella who bought my 200 last August. He mentioned that he was selling up as he needed the money for his house. Well, I pretty much decided on the spot that I would buy it back. It was a fantastic car and I’m getting it cheap.
    Megane should be picked up later today and fingers crossed, Clio should be back on the drive by Sat.
    Here’s a couple of pics of the Megane and Clio as it was when I last had it.

9F107024-E105-4EEB-9A66-E75BEF7FFB16.jpeg DA9D2D96-EE62-484F-9389-C834DA74B520.jpeg 1B21FB53-4F9F-416E-B999-82045628C7E8.jpeg

Micah, tombate911, Johnny 99 and 4 others like this.

2. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Fife, Scotland
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    welcome back! best colour too :wink::french:

3. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    welcome mate :french:

4. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Doncaster
    RB 200 cup
    Welcome back into the fold

5. NickW

NickW Paid Member

Clio 200
    Thanks guys, really looking forward to it now. Its not as fast as the Meg, but more raw and fun overall I think.

6. CallorFold

CallorFold Platinum Member

Clio 220 Trophy
    OZ Ultraleggera's absolutely make a Clio - look fantastic

7. M19TNR

M19TNR Paid Member

Cheshire
    RS200t
    Both look awesome!
    Welcome back

8. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Herts
    Welcome back. Love that colour

9. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

North East England
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    Welcome along and thumbs up on the wheels!

10. NickW

NickW Paid Member

Clio 200
    Little delay due to calliper issue but picked up the car this afternoon. Forgot how much fun the 200 is, like a little limpet in the bends. Got it for a bargain price too, especially considering its had a full service, new calliper, new battery and the exhaust sorted since I sold it in August . I'm one happy bunny.

Beany likes this.
  11. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Inverness
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Welcome back to Clio RS ownership. I get where you're coming from. There's something so addictive about revving these & the chassis is sublime. Power doesn't necessarily mean more fun. Enjoy your old car(!) & having something left over for life's other expenses.

riddzz likes this.
  12. tombate911

tombate911 Paid Member

2010 Clio RS200
    Awesome! Great looking Clio too!

riddzz likes this.
  13. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    happy days:french:

14. Antti O

Antti O Paid Member

Mikkeli, Finland
    Clio 197 Ultra red 2007
  15. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Kent
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Lovely car to get back into, certainly the right time of year coming up so you can enjoy it even more :smile:

16. NickW

NickW Paid Member

Clio 200
    Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Given it a thorough clean on the inside this morning and fitted some nice new shiny things; new gear knob, mats and steering wheel insert.
    Will be doing the outside tomorrow and removing and re-greasing the drivers seat as its creaking a little in the bends.

IMG_1804.jpg

Pav, Beany and Micah like this.
  17. CJ197

CJ197 Paid Member

Scotland
    Clio 197
    Welcome back to the Clio family, the colour of yours is the best I reckon

18. LOCKE

LOCKE Paid Member

Glasgow
    RB 182 Cup/LY 197 R27
    Both cars look as good as each other. Welcome back mate.

19. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    like them mats :thumb: