Micah's Deep Black 200

That Clio badge needs to go Micah!!

Noooo! There's nowt wrong with the Clio badge! What's all this badge removal about? (My daily is a Merc cabriolet with badges removed on advice of Merc salesman, but still don't get it!)

Reactions: ///M
Well it's all about personal preference isn't it Micah! If you like it you like it, at the end of the day it's your car and it should look how you want it to :thumb:

Spacers make a subtle but powerful difference mate, looks ace now :smile:

Unless you've already decided I'd vote for red calipers, they contrast a black car really well.

Thanks Dale, and starting to agree with you on choosing red.

Reactions: Dystant
Noooo! There's nowt wrong with the Clio badge! What's all this badge removal about? (My daily is a Merc cabriolet with badges removed on advice of Merc salesman, but still don't get it!)

I dont mind the badge - its the spacing that bothers me, why does it have to cover half the boot...

On topic - sort of....i think !

My Eldest bought himself a cherished plate and a few weeks ago - and i helped him put the new plates on during the week. We also added some Black Badges and then decided to 'De-MEGANE" it too.

And i even had a small RENAULT sport gel badge to stick in the bottom right corner a-la Clio RS's.

I think it's cleaner and loads better !

IMG_6093_zpsh35arkn3.jpg

Each to his own though.....

:smile:

Before you go for red, look at just google VHT burnt copper spray, it's high temp and they have high tem lac to finish it, I had a black supra which black wheels, done my calipers and the looked stunning, it yearly looked like an orange anodised caliper!

Before you go for red, look at just google VHT burnt copper spray, it's high temp and they have high tem lac to finish it, I had a black supra which black wheels, done my calipers and the looked stunning, it yearly looked like an orange anodised caliper!

Holy moly - you're right!
IMG_0437.jpg

Still tempted by this scheme...
DSC02128_1.jpg

Holy moly - you're right!
IMG_0437.jpg

Still tempted by this scheme...
DSC02128_1.jpg

The first one is certainly bright ! May look better in the flesh and on a car....here it looks a lit bit 'fake'. Almost a little bit 'Halford's rattle-can'' ?

The full set you've pictured would look classy on yours IMO Micah. Clearly different to stock and would stand out enough (From wheels and bodywork) without being 'look at me'.

When you intending on doing yours ? ****Look forward to seeing what you choose.....this whole colour-choosing has surely nearly been going on as long as Jimmy's long-awaited wheel re-furb :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
The first one is certainly bright ! May look better in the flesh and on a car....here it looks a lit bit 'fake'. Almost a little bit 'Halford's rattle-can'' ?

The full set you've pictured would look classy on yours IMO Micah. Clearly different to stock and would stand out enough (From wheels and bodywork) without being 'look at me'.

When you intending on doing yours ? ****Look forward to seeing what you choose.....this whole colour-choosing has surely nearly been going on as long as Jimmy's long-awaited wheel re-furb :smile:

Since I found that picture of the full set, I tend to agree. The progress is dependent on my mate getting them done in between working and raising a family, so there's no pressure from my part - it will only drag in the event they're refurbed and I don't make a decision! @Jimmy is just bone idle :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
Now that the new TPI bolts and rear spacers are on, I've gone a bit anal with storing the old stuff in the shed...
d7c1c88470ee699bd7aa94af68b9bde8.jpg

Now that the new TPI bolts and rear spacers are on, I've gone a bit anal with storing the old stuff in the shed...
d7c1c88470ee699bd7aa94af68b9bde8.jpg

Very organised !

I er....won't be picturing the system I have for storing my standard parts in the shed....

Do I presume your keeping the bits this way in case you go back to standard when you sell ?

Not really, would just hand them over I suppose. I'm never touching those rear stub axle bolts ever again, that's for sure!

If not the burnt copper I'd opt for the silver you pictured, I'm going to do mine, I'm going dark anthracite TBH, really don't like the red at all, I know it's std colour for cup brakes but I just dislike red calipers :-(