Micah's Deep Black 200

Sorry for the delay chaps, I had to work until quite late last night so never got a chance to update.
I collected the car late afternoon and had a good chat with Terry about the whole situation. They understood I just wanted to get the car back on the road and have bent over backwards to make it happen, considering they've been understaffed and jobs have overrun. Kudos to them for how they run their business.
Anyway, I got in the car and drove out from the junction. Before I even had a chance to straighten the car up I had to give the nod to another black 200 coming the other way. That was like a sign or something that everything was going to be ok.
I then sat in start/stop traffic at rush hour, during half term, next to Bluewater. I couldn't have picked a worse time. As time went on I got onto the M2 and opened the car up. HOLY SMOKIN' TOLEDOS this thing is running sweet! The urgency is back and I was like a pig in shit. If I could have been pulled over, I would have been.
I've still retained the feel for how the car was prior to having the belts done in the first place, and have to say, the lightweight crank pulley sold by @Raptor6767 is a fantastic mod. It just goes for it, I'm so pleased I bought one!
On the negative side of things, I am £357 out of pocket. I'm quite calm about it. Renault UK have confirmed the faulty part would NOT need to be returned in the box. They would trust the word given by the Tech who diagnosed the fault. I know TT have this relationship with their suppliers, even as an independent garage. I've asked for the contact details of ALS' supplier and I will happily speak to them to confirm, and go from there.
What's more important is that the car is back home and is an absolute hoot to drive [emoji16]

Last edited:
Excellent news. Hopefully no more messing around from ALS and you'll be sorted :smile:

Great to hear buddy !!!

And with the new crank pulley - your actually now both further forward car-wise and lighter on the car and in the wallet.

Normal stuff then :smile:

Reactions: ///M and Micah
Awsome stuff.
Glad it's all sorted now.
I will have to have a look at this pulley. I fancy one.
These cars do have a way of putting smiles on our faces :smile:

Pez

So pleased for you mate.

Glad the ridiculousness about the box has been thoroughly stamped on. Bloody weasels.

Anyway, it sounds like you're hopefully moving towards a decent result financially as well as mechanically. Fingers crossed mate.

Good to see you happy.

Reactions: Pav
Sorry for the delay chaps, I had to work until quite late last night so never got a chance to update.
I collected the car late afternoon and had a good chat with Terry about the whole situation. They understood I just wanted to get the car back on the road and have bent over backwards to make it happen, considering they've been understaffed and jobs have overrun. Kudos to them for how they run their business.
Anyway, I got in the car and drove out from the junction. Before I even had a chance to straighten the car up I had to give the nod to another black 200 coming the other way. That was like a sign or something that everything was going to be ok.
I then sat in start/stop traffic at rush hour, during half term, next to Bluewater. I couldn't have picked a worse time. As time went on I got onto the M2 and opened the car up. HOLY SMOKIN' TOLEDOS this thing is running sweet! The urgency is back and I was like a pig in shit. If I could have been pulled over, I would have been.
I've still retained the feel for how the car was prior to having the belts done in the first place, and have to say, the lightweight crank pulley sold by @Raptor6767 is a fantastic mod. It just goes for it, I'm so pleased I bought one!
On the negative side of things, I am £357 out of pocket. I'm quite calm about it. Renault UK have confirmed the faulty part would NOT need to be returned in the box. They would trust the word given by the Tech who diagnosed the fault. I know TT have this relationship with their suppliers, even as an independent garage. I've asked for the contact details of ALS' supplier and I will happily speak to them to confirm, and go from there.
What's more important is that the car is back home and is an absolute hoot to drive [emoji16]

Brilliant Micah, really pleased for you that you're so happy now you've got the car back. Sounds like TT are a really good setup, not many garages would go to those kind of lengths. It's good too that you've got some ammo to take the fight to ALS - just goes to show what BS they were coming out with just to avoid going down that route. I hope you get something out of them and teach them a lesson in the process.

Great when the car gets its violence back. Know the feeling oh to well!

Pleased for you mate. Enjoy

Ben, we were actually discussing your misfortune, as I said to Terry I've probably come off quite lightly compared to other jobs they've had recently.
Good on you for wanting a proper job done when most people would probably want to throw the towel in. If anything, your experience has given me perspective on the matter.

Reactions: Big Ben
Brilliant Micah, really pleased for you that you're so happy now you've got the car back. Sounds like TT are a really good setup, not many garages would go to those kind of lengths. It's good too that you've got some ammo to take the fight to ALS - just goes to show what BS they were coming out with just to avoid going down that route. I hope you get something out of them and teach them a lesson in the process.

Cheers Jimmy. I am happy to share my experience and this certainly isn't mud slinging at ALS, I'm just very disappointed with the lack of support I've received. There's actually a few details I've omitted regarding the experience as it doesn't belong in the public domain, so at present, I'm just sharing the 'facts of the matter'.

Reactions: Jimmy
Cheers Jimmy. I am happy to share my experience and this certainly isn't mud slinging at ALS, I'm just very disappointed with the lack of support I've received. There's actually a few details I've omitted regarding the experience as it doesn't belong in the public domain, so at present, I'm just sharing the 'facts of the matter'.

Credit to you Micah, it never once came across as mud-slinging, just stating the facts and expressing your disappointment. We all seem to look out for each other on the forum, so if one of us gets crappy treatment from a company, then we back the member up - if that means boycotting the company involved, then so be it. You would think in this day and age when we all use the internet and social media so much, that businesses would think twice before they gave people poor service, especially when it comes to enthusiast-based interests like cars. Word gets around...

Gotta love the feeling of your engine working sweet..glad all is ok and you can become a pirate of your local roads again..
:pav:

Reactions: Micah
Ben, we were actually discussing your misfortune, as I said to Terry I've probably come off quite lightly compared to other jobs they've had recently.
Good on you for wanting a proper job done when most people would probably want to throw the towel in. If anything, your experience has given me perspective on the matter.

Love this mate. Same with @Big Ben getting back up to speed too. It's what places like this are for and with this being such a great place the support you get when shit hits the fan is second to none.

If we all stick around long enough, we're all going to have something like this happen at some point. It's how you come through it that counts and you and Ben have shown strength and commitment and are both back with a smile on your faces. Really good to see.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Was at Two Techs today for a service and Terry mentioned Micah's woes with his 200 told him l was keeping up to date via the forum,told him Micah was happy now the car was running sweet. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Micah and Big Ben
Whatever could you be talking about Mes?
Oh yeah, these...

0b9b3ba3bab5a55de1070b5849e0f857.jpg

After so much talk of Recaros and the nightmare that is the tissue paper fabric yesterday, I was a bit disappointed with the care I'd taken in getting into the car for the past 7 months. They were still in great condition but I didn't want to face a retrim in the future.
To my utter amazement, Steve Murr had put a set of leather ones up for sale last night and we got chatting. Long story short, I popped up to him this morning and we had them fitted in 30 minutes. If he hadn't taken me out in the Raider a couple of weeks ago, I'd have just passed these by. They are more cushioned and an absolute pleasure to be in.
Overall I am really happy as the car is running so sweet now, I am properly back in love with it again.

Smashed it. Absolutely smashed it.

They look SO good. The perfs work really really well on the centres. Stunning purchase mate. Bet the feel of the interior is just so much more upmarket now.

Interesting that you've noted the padding seems a little more. When we get ours trimmed I'm tempted to add a bit of extra cushioning.

Would love a close up of the logos. Think they look really cool.

Made up for you Micah.

Fantastic addition Micah, they look superb! Really really good to hear that you're back in love with the car again after all that you've been through recently! Mega happy for you mate!

Reactions: Micah
Overspent on getting the cam belt changed because of a part defect so what to do next?

Tighten your belt for a while?

Hell no... Get yourself a set of leather Recaros:grinning:

Look amazing Bud. Great stuff!

Hilarious Ben!
Yes, it's all relative in my book, why wait when you can buy it now and just save later? To coin a phrase, there's more than one way to skin a Creme Egg :wink:
I think what fuelled it was the fact I'm enjoying the car like never before and needed a bit of cheering up.
Thanks for the comments guys, I can't quite believe I did it.

Reactions: Big Ben