Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

Well I ordered some at break time...

Just to decide now if I should refurb my alloys...

If you can stretch to a refurb, mint wheels add a hell of a lot to a car I think.

Hope it works out for you mate. Glowing reports over here. Remember the wheels must be absolutely spotless prior to application. IPA wipe down level of clean if possible.

Reactions: Chris
Shuv, you might find this an interesting read about the 845, if anything, for the way it's written. Whether you can take anything away from that, I don't know :smiley:

Cheers ! I read a few of reviews of the 476 before i purchased. Read similar to this unsurprisingly. How much can you write about a wax / sealant though ? Will be interesting to see how long your protection lasts. The way it beads (Or not) long-term is the giveaway......

Just to decide now if I should refurb my alloys...

Don't start pleading Student poverty please...... :smile:

Reactions: Chris
Cheers ! I read a few of reviews of the 476 before i purchased. Read similar to this unsurprisingly. How much can you write about a wax / sealant though ? Will be interesting to see how long your protection lasts. The way it beads (Or not) long-term is the giveaway......

Don't start pleading Student poverty please...... :smile:

Haha student loan for alloy refurb :smiley:

Sure is mate. We had some rain in the night and when I left for work this morning they looked fab. We shall see how long it lasts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The car's looking well mate,sorry it's taken me so long to write this but I was so bloody jealous of you l was to angry to type. Be interesting to see what Kev's is like after it's tweak.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The car's looking well mate,sorry it's taken me so long to write this but I was so bloody jealous of you l was to angry to type. Be interesting to see what Kev's is like after it's tweak.

Cheers Mick - long time no see! You fancy booking Bedford on the 4th November? Would be great to meet you at last and see what the 26R is capable of on track - we've got a great attendance list from this forum alone.

What a weekend, it went WAY too quick for my liking, but have had a good time in terms of cars.
The guy who worked on my Mk3 has now sold his Clio, so I popped down to see him on Saturday morning to give him a run in the 220. Prior to that, I picked up a blow off valve for him on Friday night to fit to his new car...

PYNHqVQ.jpg

Be under no illusion, this thing is QUICK. Most likely running 235bhp, it has all trinkets a 90's Gran Turismo gamer would spunk his pants at - HKS, Enkei, Sard, TRD etc.
It's on coilovers and AD08R's - he was actually accelerating at roundabouts and using them as a chicane. I was bricking it, but he is a very good driver and works on supercars for his day job. What I probably loved most about it was it smelled like a 90's hot hatch (it's 21 years old btw) and has the interior to suit :tongueout:
The induction and screamer pipe was enough to give you a semi, it's just raw, it would be an absolute weapon on track. He even saw off a Megane 265 on his first day of ownership, but it does weight about 900kg!

lZCBMCm.jpg

We we then went out in the Trophy and I let him drive it and give it some beans. I don't know why, but you can hear a lot more of the exhaust noise and pops in the passenger seat, most bizarre! It made me realise it's less pedestrian than I thought, so am even more pleased with it :smiley:
Anyway, it was filthy after weeks without a wash, so a quick 45 minutes on Sunday morning took it back to it's glory - the Collinite on the wheels still doing it's thing :smile:

0QtIGxR.jpg

Love the engine bay on the Toyota. Takes me back!!
Would I have that or the 220 hmmm!

Good post Micah, loving the little Toyota!

Always nice to get a different perspective on your own car, it can make you realise what a special thing it is that we own! Easy to get a little complacent when you only see/experience it from the driver's seat.

Reactions: Micah
Love the engine bay on the Toyota. Takes me back!!
Would I have that or the 220 hmmm!

Well, that's the dilemma he and his wife faced, but it was a scratch they had to itch. As a daily, it isn't ideal as it has a paddle clutch, so driving during the school run is a bit of a bind. It's a little too hardcore, but when you want something fun to drive it's more involving than a Mk4 Clio that's for sure! Just not much in terms of safety if you bin it.

Reactions: Big Ben
Good post Micah, loving the little Toyota!

Always nice to get a different perspective on your own car, it can make you realise what a special thing it is that we own! Easy to get a little complacent when you only see/experience it from the driver's seat.

Definitely Jimmy, I was also at the point where I wanted to get out and hear what it's like on a drive-by!

Reactions: Jimmy
Well, that's the dilemma he and his wife faced, but it was a scratch they had to itch. As a daily, it isn't ideal as it has a paddle clutch, so driving during the school run is a bit of a bind. It's a little too hardcore, but when you want something fun to drive it's more involving than a Mk4 Clio that's for sure! Just not much in terms of safety if you bin it.
French car wins everytime:french:

Reactions: Micah

I've had my eye on the Bedford meet for the last month but got a competition up my golf club that weekend (white middle aged man syndrome) don't get old people. Plus bought a new ride pictures to follow