Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

I'm sure that, between us, we could sort out the rear installation??

Rears just the same mate, the trims come out along the door sills and into another fuse tap... just hope the wire long enough or you will have to steal some power somewhere!

Popped down to see Ma and Pa today. This meant I could give the car some beans through the usual country lanes. The main difference is that you lose all concept of speed in a newer car, so I was around an extra 10mph round the bends. I wouldn’t say the Mk4 has the same feel as the Mk3, I didn’t feel as connected to the road so began to doubt its/my limits. It wasn’t a race so I backed off as I didn’t want to trash it into a grass verge, but almost did into an Evo and some massive truck all in the same stretch of narrow, blind cornered, single lane road!
I took my dad out in it and he loved the noise on the upshift. He couldn’t believe how well equipped the Trophy is either. Always good when Pa approves!
We had a massive thundery downpour so ‘white’ ownership is going well so far.
Looking at this picture, I really need to sort out some TPI bolts, I just need to find the right dimensions/fitment from somewhere.
87073ccce8b11db3b0fcf3c23c76a448.jpg

Nice Micah, you are right there, they are deceptive of speed, suddenly you're doing far more than you think...

I have TPI bolts, they are M12, can't remember length...

Glad to hear you had a good blast out in the new whip Micah! And definitely always a bonus when the pops approves :wink: From Black to White: clearly a sucker for punishment :tongueout:

And there's nothing deceptive about the speed you can drive at @Chris :chris2:

Just looks so much more grown up!

I know I keep banging out about that Cup racer spoiler but I have to say the one you have is bang on. Renault did a really good job with this one. They always look great on the road too.

Just looks so much more grown up!

I know I keep banging out about that Cup racer spoiler but I have to say the one you have is bang on. Renault did a really good job with this one. They always look great on the road too.

It's totally grown up Mes, serves well as an everyday driving kind of car, or you can drive it like you stole it and batter the MPG :tongueout:
Best of both worlds really!
The more I look at it, the more I am impressed with the styling. The front fogs, wheels and rear spoiler are the subtle touches it needs to classify it as 'beyond Dynamique'.
Oh, and it seems the facelift doesn't have the Clio badge, just two lots of RenaultSport/RS...
I could do with a bit more induction noise, and you can definitely hear it when booting it from low revs - a bit like the KTR kit, but obviously gets lost once it picks up and the faintest turbo whine every now and then. Reading the official RenaultSport forum yesterday, the middle silencer delete is the best possible option to avoid drone, so that may happen at some point in the future :wink:

It's totally grown up Mes, serves well as an everyday driving kind of car, or you can drive it like you stole it and batter the MPG :tongueout:
Best of both worlds really!
The more I look at it, the more I am impressed with the styling. The front fogs, wheels and rear spoiler are the subtle touches it needs to classify it as 'beyond Dynamique'.
Oh, and it seems the facelift doesn't have the Clio badge, just two lots of RenaultSport/RS...
I could do with a bit more induction noise, and you can definitely hear it when booting it from low revs - a bit like the KTR kit, but obviously gets lost once it picks up and the faintest turbo whine every now and then. Reading the official RenaultSport forum yesterday, the middle silencer delete is the best possible option to avoid drone, so that may happen at some point in the future :wink:

#smitten

Genuinely glad you've really grown to love it so quickly buddy. You are clearly very enthused and enjoying hugely.

I've spent a 'reasonable' amount of time passenger side of a 200T - and I have to say it's an all around different prospect to the MK3.

Just because it has Clio on the back doesn't necessarily mean it's the natural progression for all. Imo..,

The 220 Trophy is another level up though of course.

More than anything just genuinely glad you appear so happy. It's a big commitment and not nice to then have niggling doubts.

Long live the happy relationship !!

Reactions: Pav and ///M
Agreed @sevenfourate - it's essentially a new sporty Renault hatchback that's coincidentally called a Clio, definitely not an assumptive next step for Mk3 owners. More for those who are looking for something to match their changing needs.
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the rest also, because:
1. I am smitten!
2. The Trophy is almost like flying the Millennium Falcon - hit that switch, put it in this mode, change that map, check the rear deflector shield (reversing camera), make a call, play music from my phone... no wait - play this station on DAB etc.
3. I am genuinely happy with this purchase, I don't feel bad in the slightest about how much my total 'cost to change' was, it has a generous warranty, my RFL refund paid for a whole year on the 220, I feel like my head's in a totally better space with this one. Not that there was anything wrong with the 200, it wanted for nothing, but we just weren't compatible anymore :tongueout:

Good post mate. It really does sound like you've got yourself into a car that's a much better fit for you.

Reactions: Micah
Agreed @sevenfourate - it's essentially a new sporty Renault hatchback that's coincidentally called a Clio, definitely not an assumptive next step for Mk3 owners. More for those who are looking for something to match their changing needs.
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the rest also, because:
1. I am smitten!
2. The Trophy is almost like flying the Millennium Falcon - hit that switch, put it in this mode, change that map, check the rear deflector shield (reversing camera), make a call, play music from my phone... no wait - play this station on DAB etc.
3. I am genuinely happy with this purchase, I don't feel bad in the slightest about how much my total 'cost to change' was, it has a generous warranty, my RFL refund paid for a whole year on the 220, I feel like my head's in a totally better space with this one. Not that there was anything wrong with the 200, it wanted for nothing, but we just weren't compatible anymore :tongueout:
Glad you're enjoying her they are a fantastic motor need to get you to Belgium

Reactions: Micah
Been a bit quiet lately as there’s not much I was going to do to the car, but there was one thing that really disappointed me (though completely unsurprised by it), and it’s called... OEM rust!
a920179331298c4a2ccdbfc4ae443035.jpg

I mean, just look at it! It was pretty much the same thing with the wheel bolts, truly shocking for a 6 month old car!
Some Hammerite smooth later, and some TPI bolts and the wheels are completely transformed.
Apologies for the lack of cleanliness, that’s a job for this Friday coming.

af196d4690cb6b2cf83d45873c182bed.jpg
d743836e264844a9745c1df4aaa5860a.jpg
4c137313d96567b44e9cdde6ee59259e.jpg

Next up, installing the RLink software update. Quite a handy thing to be able to do from the comfort of your own home.