Milltek catback fitted! with video

Hey,

Had the milltek cat back fitted to the car today at AmD Essex and a map done as it was on offer.... :wink:

Car now sounds amazing, little pur as you push the button and then it idles quietly but gives a great sound when climbing up the revs!!! :cloud9:

The map increased bhp by 8 at peak and 7lbft at peak which I'm happy with and the car certainly feels quicker!! Gives a great kick at 5500rpm now, haven't had a great chance to thrash it as it is slippery out and it wants to spin the wheels up when you pull away with the tiniest amount of throttle!!

Anyway enough words I'll leave you with the videos and the graph:

Now before someone says that's way too high etc.. etc.. I'm not fussed about the actual figure as I've been told it reads high there but that's not an issue I was just interested in the gain over standard, before run was done with milltek and ITG fitted and after is the same but with the map :smile:

Image.jpg

Videos:

stand still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzsRFrL1lI

Drive by, the wheel spin was me going into 2nd and thats with TC on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1XrY7ab3c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

In car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSinaATjeQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Enjoy :wink:

So the first graph is zaust and filter? Second Zaust, filter and remap? That is a very nice gain all the way up the revs to.

Now I cant wait to get my zaust.

Cheers :smile: I love it so much!!!

So the first graph is zaust and filter? Second Zaust, filter and remap? That is a very nice gain all the way up the revs to.

Now I cant wait to get my zaust.

Yep :smile: the sound is amazing... It was finished at 3pm I got home at 4.. Went out at 8pm have just got home... Used 30litres of fuel!! Worth every little it's now starting to pop loads and just sounds so amazing!! Raced my mate in his standard 200 and it left him behind not by loads but a clear victory.

Very nice gains, see what I mean about the graphs from AMD being too smooth though lol

I'm impressed with them car feels excellent and does feel smoother. Yeah does seem all very nice and smooth... Hard to see the flat spot the car had!

I've heard really good things about AMD, might look into using them to replace my middle silencer with straight through.

Last edited:
I've heard really good things about AMD, might look into using them to replace my middle silencer with straight through.

Not sure if they do things like that... Only think they fit bolt on exhausts.... Try pipecraft in Basildon? Someone said they used them on here or Haywood & Scott however they wanted £80 to replace the silencer.

ive got same exhaust but not sure mine sounds like that,but never heard it from outside car

What do you mean? Is it louder/quieter?

Not sure if they do things like that... Only think they fit bolt on exhausts.... Try pipecraft in Basildon? Someone said they used them on here or Haywood & Scott however they wanted £80 to replace the silencer.

What do you mean? Is it louder/quieter?

seems louder,but havent heard it from the outside

I used pipecraft a few days ago to replace my center silencer - £35 to do the job and he done it while I waited

Top bloke would highly recommend him

I'm jealous about the Milltek and remap though, I may have to give AMD a call.... :tongueout:

I didn't even know pipecraft were still going till you said you had it done there! Haha.

I would done 200miles with it now and it's starting to pop on some gear changes :smiley: and the map is incredible!

the reason one may sound louder than another, could be because the noise could change as the exhaust becomes used and beds in, as it were.