Minor problems

Has anyone had any of the following fixed under waranty?
Dull spots on the exterior door handels ,roughness on perforated part of steering wheel(right hand side ) and I don't wear rings,and slight corrosion under paint on 1 wheel.

The steering wheel has been talked about on many an occasion on here and sounds like a common problem. Quite a few people have had them changed under warrenty, but a couple have had to argue with the dealer.

Also got very bad wind niose through top of drivers door at 70 mph plus.
Noticed what looks like very fine corrosion bubbles under paint inside top of drivers door by the rubber seal?

Paint on the wheels and also the sterring wheel 'melt' are quite common and are 2 things mine is going in for in the near future. Should be able to be sorted without fuss but failing that RUK will get them done.

For the dull spots I used Lime Prime polish/cleanser to remove and they came up lovely.

The wind noise I imagine would be the tops of the seals which is another quite common problem - again something which has been fixed under warranty before.

Paint on the wheels and also the sterring wheel 'melt' are quite common and are 2 things mine is going in for in the near future. Should be able to be sorted without fuss but failing that RUK will get them done. .

In my experience RUK cut no sway with Renault Customer Services. Reference number from previous cases removes any doubt as to responsibility.

Yes, here is my case number which they cannot refute:

Melting steering wheel. Case no 1-184171194. Clio 57 NL57YWD.

Dimos Samsatli @ Renault Customer Services. He know's all about it. They will probably want tyou to go to the dealers first.

Mine is in today for the steering wheel to be replaced. I also had 2 wheels re-furbed under warranty

I've also noticed the drivers widow does not close when it gets to the top it stops then creeps a few times as you hit a bump to competely shut.

Dull spots on the exterior door handels ,roughness on perforated part of steering wheel(right hand side ) and I don't wear rings,and slight corrosion under paint on 1 wheel.

I had the corrosion on the wheels issue - they refurbished all 4 under warranty, but it took them 3 months of finger pointing at each other to do it.

My steering wheel has just started to melt now too :worried:

I had the corrosion on the wheels issue - they refurbished all 4 under warranty, but it took them 3 months of finger pointing at each other to do it.

My steering wheel has just started to melt now too :worried:

try reprogramming you window, get the window to the top and hold the window switch up for a few seconds this resets the window programme so should fix the problem,

i have alot of wind nois inside the cabin at 'high' speeds is this due to the seals? i thought it was just common thing as the seals look fine

Just had another look at mine and the seals on the front of the rear side windows are completly shreded on the drivers side and cracked on the passenger side.It the bottom part where the back of the front door window frame touches them.
Also notice today the gear change is getting more knotchy and could not get in to 1st from second at low speed felt like I was pushing against a solid wall.

So another visit to the dealers .

Also notice today the gear change is getting more knotchy and could not get in to 1st from second at low speed felt like I was pushing against a solid wall

This started happening to mine last week, took it in to Renault yesterday and it's going back next week for a new gearbox. Don't give up!

Just had another look at mine and the seals on the front of the rear side windows are completly shreded on the drivers side and cracked on the passenger side.It the bottom part where the back of the front door window frame touches them.
Also notice today the gear change is getting more knotchy and could not get in to 1st from second at low speed felt like I was pushing against a solid wall.

So another visit to the dealers .

LOL, Again, exactly same problem with us....doesn't like 1st/2nd/reverse when cold!

Seals shot to pieces on drivers side on ours too!!! :bounce1: