MotoGP 2016

Huge Rossi fan here. Infact ive got a VR46 tee-shirt on in my profile pic. I've watched every race live for the last 3 or 4 years one way or another whatever time day or night its on. On my phone at work if ive been there, i've bribed bar owners abroad to open up early if i come in a buy a few drinks and ive given the wife reason to moan big-time a few weekends at home.

Gotta be done !

I was a massive fan and still watch when I can. I'm a huge Rossi fan too and just can't stand seeing him not dominating now so don't watch as much as I used to.

Huge Rossi fan here. Infact ive got a VR46 tee-shirt on in my profile pic. I've watched every race live for the last 3 or 4 years one way or another whatever time day or night its on. On my phone at work if ive been there, i've bribed bar owners abroad to open up early if i come in a buy a few drinks and ive given the wife reason to moan big-time a few weekends at home.

Gotta be done !

Now i am going to upset you here, although i like Rossi and what he has achieved for the sport is unreal, and also how he is still fighting for the championship at his age is amazing, but i am a Marquez fan.

The way he can ride, slide and chuck that bike around is beyond me.

Although there is a 52 points difference between Marquez & Rossi, i still believe first place in the championship is wide open.

What Jack Miller did earlier in the year and got a podium finish was great, it just goes to show when it rains everyone is on the same skill level and they are all very good riders.

Now i am going to upset you here, although i like Rossi and what he has achieved for the sport is unreal, and also how he is still fighting for the championship at his age is amazing, but i am a Marquez fan.

The way he can ride, slide and chuck that bike around is beyond me.

Although there is a 52 points difference between Marquez & Rossi, i still believe first place in the championship is wide open.

What Jack Miller did earlier in the year and got a podium finish was great, it just goes to show when it rains everyone is on the same skill level and they are all very good riders.

Its doesn't upset me you like another rider to me. Theres plenty to go around :smile:

MM is undeniably an incredible rider. Another level on from Casey Stoner IMO. Im just not a fan of some of his more aggressive moves at times. Still Rossi was probably more like that when trying to assert himself back in the day......

Reactions: Adam_C
Its doesn't upset me you like another rider to me. Theres plenty to go around :smile:

MM is undeniably an incredible rider. Another level on from Casey Stoner IMO. Im just not a fan of some of his more aggressive moves at times. Still Rossi was probably more like that when trying to assert himself back in the day......

Agree With Rossi, now i think he has past his time, well that is wrong to say as he is still second in the championship, but he has passed his youth and aggressiveness and mind games etc

I think this year Marquez has been alot more sensible and made better decisions than last, he seems more grown up and in it for the long run

Agree With Rossi, now i think he has past his time, well that is wrong to say as he is still second in the championship, but he has passed his youth and aggressiveness and mind games etc

I think this year Marquez has been alot more sensible and made better decisions than last, he seems more grown up and in it for the long run

I'm far from a fan(MM). But i couldn't agree more - his on-track attitude has been extremely mature this year - beyond his years perhaps (?). Last race after losing the front on lap 5 (?) was indicative of that Championship winning....not Race-winning mantra.

Agree with you there.

Couldn't believe the pace on Dani Pedrosa at San Marino!!

Was a good race, and wierdly enough me and my brother was talking about him before the race saying he has basically had no coverage this year and has been on the low!...... then low and behold he wins the race.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Agree with you there.

Couldn't believe the pace on Dani Pedrosa at San Marino!!

Was a good race, and wierdly enough me and my brother was talking about him before the race saying he has basically had no coverage this year and has been on the low!...... then low and behold he wins the race.

Is it 9 different winners in 10 races ? You'd have had difficulty in predicting that at the start of the season.

Only 4 to go now.... :-(

Is it 9 different winners in 10 races ? You'd have had difficulty in predicting that at the start of the season.

Only 4 to go now.... :-(

Yes i believe it is something like that.

I heard the betting odds on Jack Miller winning that race was something like 1000/1. Wish i put a pound on him!

Yep only 4 to go!

How do you think Lorenzo will get on at Ducati next year? he has to overcome these wet races!

I think he'll struggle. Casey Stoner was the only man to tame the big Duke so far.

From what i see on my TV screen it needs to be ridden semi-smoothly (A-la Casey) but also grabbed hold off and wrestled to control it.

I'm not sure Jorge is that man. Infact his style is about as far removed from that as you can get. You ?

I think he will struggle, i think he will be able to ride the bike but his mind wont let him, thats Lorenzo's only downside IMO and its his mind blocks, it seems when something goes wrong he cant over come the problem and he just spits the dummy out, where as Rossi, Marquez etc overcome the problem and keep going.

I might be wrong but we will see over the coming years, i do think next year will be him getting used to the bike and setting it up etc.

I am also keen to see how Vinales does on the Suzuki along side Rossi, will also be good to see if they stay friends through there time working together.

Despite his media exterior - you dont become 9 time World Champ by being soft.

Rossi is a tough cookie - and team-mate aside, things will change between them imo...

Whether Vinales can handle that is another matter.

Do you guys go to any races? I haven't seen MotoGP live but the world superbikes at Brands used to be superb. Foggy and Colin Edwards were fantastic up close, I'll never forget Colin Edwards exiting the pits at the start of a practice session and doing a stoppie for about 20-30 metres for absolutely no reason other than he was just a cool dude :smile:

Yeah, i have met Lorenzo at Rocket Centre in Blackburn, got a signed Baby Vest (my little boys vest).

I do believe he gets media for the wrong reasons but like you say he is a very talented rider.

i also wonder he might be struggling as he is leaving Yamaha so all the focus and time will be spent on Rossi.

Vinales is a very talented rider as he has shown on the suzuki but i do think he will have to get use to a new riding style.

I think it is a shame Vinales is leaving Suzuki as he is slowly making something of that Bike.

I also think Ducati should of kept The Maniac! - Whats your thoughts on that?

Do you guys go to any races? I haven't seen MotoGP live but the world superbikes at Brands used to be superb. Foggy and Colin Edwards were fantastic up close, I'll never forget Colin Edwards exiting the pits at the start of a practice session and doing a stoppie for about 20-30 metres for absolutely no reason other than he was just a cool dude :smile:

At the moment i have only ever been to Silverstone due to it being in the UK, although i do plan on going to France to watch it live.

I have been to Brands hatch to watch BSB in 2014 i think it was.

Have also been to Oulton Park every year to watch the BSB as this is only 45mins away from me.

MotoGP fan but prefer BSB as it seems more honest. My favourite rider was Stoner and was sad to see him retire but if you have read his book it seems it was because of all the Dorna politics. I like Rossi but not his mind games. Love my Yamahas though.

I think Stoner got fed up with it all and it seemed like all he wanted to do was race, and him and Rossi did not get on

It got to the point where he was getting or his wife was getting assaulted by fans when the battle with Rossi was going on

Reactions: LOCKE
Rossi is everyone's friend until you beat him. The thing with Marquez was he had no problem with beating his idols.

Reactions: Adam_C

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Motorsport 26
J90RDN Non-Clio For Sale 0
Adam_C Motorsport 71
W Motorsport 5
jostheboss Motorsport 20