Moving on to an R26

Had the Clio 8 months now and whilst it's been a good car, it's not quite been the car I thought it would be.

My commute is 30 miles on the motorway and 15 miles through Nottingham everyday and a 197 isn't the ideal car for this.

I want to stay in a Renaultsport and my car plus a couple of grand is my budget.

From what I've read, the R26 is marginally better on fuel and I appreciate I'm not going to see 40+ MPG but I'm averaging 27 in the 197. Does anyone have any experience in an R26?

It was me! Nothing wrong with an R26 but while its stupidly fast it's not as much fun as the 197. It all depends on what you want in a car. The Megane is much better as a motorway car and will return 32-36 MPG if you're sensible. It also has a fun side to it too when you want to enjoy it. I drive 5 miles a day to work so the 197 was fine for me. I just loved the driving style required to extract the power. The R26 is a great car but for me the 197 was the car the put a huge smile on my face every time I drove it. Both cars are very different beasts despite a lot of similarities. It's all about whatever suits your needs best!

I had an R26 mate, great cars. For the kind of driving you are doing im sure you will prefer it to be honest. They are slightly better on fuel aswell, still not great mind.

I went and looked at an R26 today and it wasn't a great example!

I'm going to go and test a Renaultsport Megane DCi 175 too.

i went from R27 to R26 and is it still a great car, you dont get the full chuck-ability of the 197 but its still really fun to drive. well worth doing if your fed up or bored of the 197

You need to experience one for yourself, You may like it you may not, it just wasn't for me, I found the megane was alot more economical driving carefully on the motorway than the 197, but for short blasts was not as good, mine is for sale now on the auto trader now btw. :smile: