200: MPG

Just had my first proper run in my 200. Just over 100 miles today, and the mpg is showing this:
fdf74dc90f073539053a926244a761a2.jpg
Very happy with that, as my previous car struggled to get 20. Is this an accurate reading???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks about right to me, roughly what I get for general running around. I hit 13mpg at Cadwell Pk on Monday & 39mpg when caught in 50mph traffic on the A1 today.Pretty acceptable for a car that is a whole heap of fun to drive!

Reactions: DS197
Looks about right to me, roughly what I get for general running around. I hit 13mpg at Cadwell Pk on Monday & 39mpg when caught in 50mph traffic on the A1 today.Pretty acceptable for a car that is a whole heap of fun to drive!
50 is definitely the best speed for eco-mode when driving the 197/200. I got 42 MPG, but for some reason had a lot of HGV drivers making some funny hand gestures at me :oops:

Reactions: Johnny 99
I wonder why
I wondered the same thing considering how happy they are blocking two out of three lanes elephant racing for miles. My father drives a class 2 Hiab so I have experienced first hand the kind of morons HGV drivers have to deal with, however that does not justify the behaviour I experienced. Would it still be acceptable to do that if it was a young family in car travelling on a spare wheel?

I wondered the same thing considering how happy they are blocking two out of three lanes elephant racing for miles. My father drives a class 2 Hiab so I have experienced first hand the kind of morons HGV drivers have to deal with, however that does not justify the behaviour I experienced. Would it still be acceptable to do that if it was a young family in car travelling on a spare wheel?
Iam a class 1 driver and it drives me mad too just come of the cruise control for 3 seconds and they go past

Iam a class 1 driver and it drives me mad too just come of the cruise control for 3 seconds and they go past
That's exactly it! It's only a button to reduce your speed but it makes it so much easier for everyone else. In all fairness every mode of transport has it's bad seeds, all you can really do is forgive and forget.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
That's exactly it! It's only a button to reduce your speed but it makes it so much easier for everyone else. In all fairness every mode of transport has it's bad seeds, all you can really do is forgive and forget.
But the ones that get me are car drives doing 51mph in the middle lane when the motorway is empty

But the ones that get me are car drives doing 51mph in the middle lane when the motorway is empty
If it were up to me, i'd ban the lot of them. I wonder if we'll see less middle lane hogging as a result of learner drivers being allowed on motorways and being taught how to drive correctly. I remember when I did my pass plus, the first thing my instructor said was always stay left unless overtaking, and it's stuck with me ever since.

If it were up to me, i'd ban the lot of them. I wonder if we'll see less middle lane hogging as a result of learner drivers being allowed on motorways and being taught how to drive correctly. I remember when I did my pass plus, the first thing my instructor said was always stay left unless overtaking, and it's stuck with me ever since.

The oblivious just become more oblivious when you try and signal to them lol!

At night in a coach I just stay in the left lane and pass on the inside if someone's sat in the middle lane. That way I can get a better angle to give a nice gesture to them as I'm passing..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
Gus Clio General Chat 17
6705russell Clio 197 Area 48