MS 200 fun road and track car - and other car stuff!

From memory Pav it's a supercharged Honda S2000 making 360bhp!!!

Spot on Ben! Definitely makes the straights feel shorter! :smile:

Great video Matt! What cameras and software do you use?

That MX5 sounds amazing and goes well mate. Would love to have a go in it!

Thanks mate, I'm very much learning and must admit I don't find the editing process and software very intuitive, not to mention the uneasiness with a camera pointed at me!! :tearsofjoy:
The forward and rear facing cams are second hand GoPro hero 3s, the driver cam is an iPhone 6.
For putting the vids together I used a sub-legal version of Vegas Pro for the multicam stuff and Movie Maker for basic stitching. I use iMovie on my phone for the little montages with music. Vegas Pro will do all of the above, so once I'm more comfortable with it I'll probably just use that. Though it does seem to take a long time to process compared to the others...

Reactions: trackspec197
Spot on Ben! Definitely makes the straights feel shorter! :smile:

Thanks mate, I'm very much learning and must admit I don't find the editing process and software very intuitive, not to mention the uneasiness with a camera pointed at me!! :tearsofjoy:
The forward and rear facing cams are second hand GoPro hero 3s, the driver cam is an iPhone 6.
For putting the vids together I used a sub-legal version of Vegas Pro for the multicam stuff and Movie Maker for basic stitching. I use iMovie on my phone for the little montages with music. Vegas Pro will do all of the above, so once I'm more comfortable with it I'll probably just use that. Though it does seem to take a long time to process compared to the others...

Sounds complex! Lol. I would love to do something similar but I just don't have the patience! Lol good work though!

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Matt, what a fantastic video. Really well put together.

Car sounds absolutely amazing. Doesn’t sound supercharged at all. Any specs on the conversion please mate?

By far the best thing was your enthusiasm post driving it for the first time. Totally infectious. Definitely want one. Looks a riot and seems really well balanced. Seems to handle the power REALLY nicely.

How’s the aero balance? Is it not a bit rear focused with nothing at the front?

Loved it mate.

Matt, what a fantastic video. Really well put together.

Car sounds absolutely amazing. Doesn’t sound supercharged at all. Any specs on the conversion please mate?

By far the best thing was your enthusiasm post driving it for the first time. Totally infectious. Definitely want one. Looks a riot and seems really well balanced. Seems to handle the power REALLY nicely.

How’s the aero balance? Is it not a bit rear focused with nothing at the front?

Loved it mate.

Thanks for the really kind comments, the car is a labour of love and I'm trying to capture the human aspect as that's what I enjoy watching in other people's videos.

It's a Honda F20c (S2000) engine and 'box mated to the Mazda rear end, with a HKS GT centrifugal charger. Makes about 350-380bhp (dyno said 376bhp) but I think it's on the optimistic side). There was lots of fabrication work needed for the engine swap that I can't take credit for, this was done by QPrep in Oundle, Cambs.

You're right about the aero balance, though this was no bad thing shaking down the car for the first time. I also took some angle out of the wing to bring it a little closer to neutral but the front end is definitely more responsive and has more bite with the front aero back on...

IMG_4360.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Beany, ///M and Pav
Thanks for the really kind comments, the car is a labour of love and I'm trying to capture the human aspect as that's what I enjoy watching in other people's videos.

It's a Honda F20c (S2000) engine and 'box mated to the Mazda rear end, with a HKS GT centrifugal charger. Makes about 350-380bhp (dyno said 376bhp) but I think it's on the optimistic side). There was lots of fabrication work needed for the engine swap that I can't take credit for, this was done by QPrep in Oundle, Cambs.

You're right about the aero balance, though this was no bad thing shaking down the car for the first time. I also took some angle out of the wing to bring it a little closer to neutral but the front end is definitely more responsive and has more bite with the front aero back on...

View attachment 115449

LOVE home made aero. Great post there mate. Best thing is how it just drives like a Honda. Such great engines.

Really great car. Hats off to you for pulling it all together.

Fantastic video Matt. Car looks to go really-really well. What a fun weapon that must be......

And like Mes said above.....as good as the car was; your camera skills and enthusiasm was on an equal measure !

Good stuff.

Christ that's a weapon. Would love to see it in the flesh. Would never have guessed at an iPhone 6 camera for the driver-facing. Genuinely surprised me!

Appreciate the positive feedback gents and I'm so pleased my enthusiasm translates on video. Some feedback from a previous video was that the delivery was dry, so I made an effort to capture my thoughts whilst I was still buzzing! :grin:

I've been considering a private plate for the MX2000 for a while and was sorely tempted by F20 RWD.

As the Clio endears itself more to me and I see myself keeping it for a while I've been wondering about one for that too.

For sensible money I can get the following, I'll let you work out which is for which:
M77 RWD
M77 FWD

What do we think?
Too specific? Waste of money?
I flit between thinking I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, and that over the life of the cars it's really not much... :think:

It's been all go on the house front recently but plenty going on with the cars this week!

On Sunday I put the new winter wheels on the Z4 and swapped the kidney grilles and lower grille surrounds for black items whilst I was at it.

Bit of a win as BMW wanted £285 fitted and wanted to remove the front bumper to fit. Found the parts for £52 and did it all with the bumper in place within an hour, £5 set of trim tools and a little dexterity went a long way!!

Certainly looks a bit more purposeful!

Before:
IMG_5056.JPG

After:
IMG_5143.JPG

Tomorrow I've got the MX2000 booked in for a dyno run on a familiar hub dyno. I've had 7 runs in various cars on the extremely repeatable dyna pack so was keen to get the latest incarnation tested for a true comparison before I move over to Lincs.

Here's a graph of all the MX5 plots I've had to date, I'm sure tomorrow's will change the scaling once again!!! :smilingimp:

IMG_0985.JPG

I took it out for a run this evening just to make sure all was well and pop some fresh fuel in. Having not driven it for a couple of months it felt truly silly once again! What a machine!!!

IMG_5150.JPG

Last but not least I got a timely delivery today for the Clio...

IMG_5152.JPG

The little terrier is booked in at Birchdown on Thursday for the Koni/H&R kit to be fitted, steering arm bush replaced and the stub axle spacers and toe shims above to be fitted.

Really can't wait to throw it around a bit with the new suspension on!! :smiley:

Reactions: Beany and DS197
I love it how the curves go bonkers when it VTEC comes on! Z4 looks great, i've never seen one in that shape in person. Put a private plate on it and you could fool people into thinking it's just come out.

I love it how the curves go bonkers when it VTEC comes on! Z4 looks great, i've never seen one in that shape in person. Put a private plate on it and you could fool people into thinking it's just come out.

I do have a spare plate on retention...
M7RBO might find its way onto it.

Have you seen the new Z4 though!... Ooof! If ever there's a way to make the previous generation car look old!!! :sob:

Reactions: DS197